PDA

View Full Version : Tossers and trolls

stilltrying
28-06-13, 10:04 AM
Are we going to see any 200 mph vans on here?

Jungle Jim the white
28-06-13, 10:12 AM
Only if you feed them.

designosaur73
28-06-13, 10:13 AM
I do hope not. Well, I hope we see 200mph vans, just not driven by a troll.

english impala
28-06-13, 10:14 AM
He must be around somewhere, maybe he started talking to himself and bored himself to death?

kapri
28-06-13, 10:22 AM
Could something be done with a like / dislike facility where so many dislikes in a set period gives an automatic suspension, just takes the self moderation a little further ?

Mrquickwhip
28-06-13, 10:33 AM
:yeahthat:

randrhotrodimports
28-06-13, 10:38 AM
:yeahthat: a lot

farncombe pop
28-06-13, 10:46 AM
sounds fair to me Kev,

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 10:46 AM
Are we going to see any 200 mph vans on here?

Realistically it's threads like this that cause trolls to exist. Almost being egged on essentially.

After all, the event has been and gone, it was dealt with. Why the need to question it ?
He's gone off to do his own thing yet the legacy is being kept alive by those complaining about it in the first place ;)

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 10:47 AM
Could something be done with a like / dislike facility where so many dislikes in a set period gives an automatic suspension, just takes the self moderation a little further ?

Nope. Far to open to abuse and/or ganging up.

farncombe pop
28-06-13, 10:54 AM
Ok if we can,t do it how about a " cool of area " where the mods can place you and others can see who,s in there ?

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 11:01 AM
It's re-inventing the wheel.

Generally I think we handled things quite well and effectively.
Some situations got resolved, others got put to bed.

Why try and change that ?

THE biggest issue we had with 'trolls and tossers' was that once the situation had been sorted it was often brought back up to the top by people commenting and 'reminiscing'. Often they were the ones doing the complaining initially. That is the only aspect that needed working differently IMHO

english impala
28-06-13, 11:18 AM
Just keep it policed like it was in "the good old days", it was a good recipe that worked well.

kapri
28-06-13, 11:24 AM

Yup, can see that though I also see it as a reflection of the site users opinions and less likely to be fingers pointed at 'personality clashes'. Still you've always had broad enough shoulders in the past :tup:

stilltrying
28-06-13, 01:23 PM
Ooops already in bad books, delete if you want, just I got on here without having to go through a checking system.

If the mods are the same as before then there should be no issues as they were excellent entertainment themselves.:D

Elmo
28-06-13, 01:35 PM
To be honest, it was the A holes on all the other forums that kept me of of them...got sick of of the whole political/ back stabbing/ everything else scenarios. I know lots of people that felt intimidated and didn't feel comfortable expressing an opinion on the chances they were going to be shot down for it....
I'm willing to give this one a go and see how it goes...all water has been passed under the bridge...time for a new game.

40Stude
28-06-13, 01:36 PM
If the mods are the same as before then there should be no issues as they were excellent entertainment themselves.:D

Is that a polite way of saying we are a bunch of clowns?

If so, you are probably correct. :tup:

SG57
28-06-13, 02:09 PM
But I'm more cocoa than Coco......

Rog.

Joe Clay
28-06-13, 02:20 PM

stilltrying
28-06-13, 02:25 PM
Is that a polite way of saying we are a bunch of clowns?

If so, you are probably correct. :tup:

If the feet fit then so be it:D

No it was a statement that some of the mods replies and put downs as well as suggestions were just brilliant, I think most forum's mods (not that I'm on many) would have been a bit (no alot) more reserved in their wording.:D

Elmo, thought HRW did all your talking:shake:, (lovely woman you have there by the way:tup:) just ignore the posts that go on and on or look like they are going in circles and give this forum a try, when anything gets political just ignore it, I have found that there are some very funny as well as very helpful and knowledgeable people on this Errrr ok new/old forum most of whom I've never met, don't want to either as it might spoil the image:incheek:

Hot Rod Widow
28-06-13, 02:29 PM
If the feet fit then so be it:D

No it was a statement that some of the mods replies and put downs as well as suggestions were just brilliant, I think most forum's mods (not that I'm on many) would have been a bit (no alot) more reserved in their wording.:D

Elmo, thought HRW did all your talking:shake:, (lovely woman you have there by the way:tup:) just ignore the posts that go on and on or look like they are going in circles and give this forum a try, when anything gets political just ignore it, I have found that there are some very funny as well as very helpful and knowledgeable people on this Errrr ok new/old forum most of whom I've never met, don't want to either as it might spoil the image:incheek:

Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, me doing all the talking ... and pleased you said I am nice stilltrying or I would find you at a show and talk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talk

oh btw is that what you meaning about threads going round and round .....

Joe Clay
28-06-13, 05:27 PM
For the record, the photo of the ladybird with a V8 in it broken down was just me reading this thread then clicked photos just to try and see if i could load a photo from my phone..yes i can :-) ...so no pun intended

Col
28-06-13, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by kapri

Level headed as ever Si.

stilltrying
28-06-13, 05:40 PM
Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, me doing all the talking ... and pleased you said I am nice stilltrying or I would find you at a show and talk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talktalk and talk and talk

oh btw is that what you meaning about threads going round and round .....

Not quite but your avatar is bloody annoying:incheek:

Neil G
28-06-13, 07:29 PM
Haha,glad its not just me,wasted ages just staring at it,can't look away lol

Not quite but your avatar is bloody annoying:incheek:

brading
28-06-13, 07:46 PM

Sound a good idea of yours to yours to me Kev

stilltrying
28-06-13, 08:32 PM
Haha,glad its not just me,wasted ages just staring at it,can't look away lol

Have you noticed how quick it is? It's getting a bit hypnotic.:crazy:

Adam Sayers
29-06-13, 02:42 AM
When the cunts arrive the best thing we can all do is ignore them no matter how tempting the desire to respond may be. Don't talk about em on other posts either. They crave the attention so don't feed em

Plumpcars
29-06-13, 05:54 AM
Exactly. Just don't respond to the posts and they'll get fed up with it.

randrhotrodimports
29-06-13, 08:31 AM
When the cunts arrive the best thing we can all do is ignore them no matter how tempting the desire to respond may be. Don't talk about em on other posts either. They crave the attention so don't feed em

Fordson Van
29-06-13, 06:44 PM
Nope. Far to open to abuse and/or ganging up. Hi Everyone :D :tup:

Adam Sayers
30-06-13, 09:07 AM
Based on previous experience would it not be best to just not allow certain people to join in the first place. Saves having to go through the same ole crap all over again. I can think of one short fat cunt who no one could trust to even shit in a straight line who caused a hell if a lot of trouble as well as a few others that would put me off logging on.

bigjob
30-06-13, 09:13 AM
That might well be a fairly long list if we went that route Adam, plus this way there's an element of entertainment in giving these people 'a chance to fail' which

they invariably do bless em :)

stilltrying
30-06-13, 09:24 AM
That might well be a fairly long list if we went that route Adam, plus this way there's an element of entertainment in giving these people 'a chance to fail' which

they invariably do bless em :)

Wow Bigjob showing his soft and cuddley side well I never:D

Adam, I know I started this one but maybe give everyone a second chance and if they do stumble again then maybe the mods can sort them out quicker this time knowing what the majority of the forums feeling are towards them.:tup:

SG57
30-06-13, 09:25 AM
Based on previous experience would it not be best to just not allow certain people to join in the first place. Saves having to go through the same ole crap all over again. I can think of one short fat cunt who no one could trust to even shit in a straight line who caused a hell if a lot of trouble as well as a few others that would put me off logging on.

Whatever happened to him Adam?

Rog.

Adam Sayers
30-06-13, 09:40 AM
Word on the street is that he still owes loads of people money & parts.

hurtz
30-06-13, 10:40 AM
Wow Bigjob showing his soft and cuddley side well I never :D
big job must have left the computer for a while and someone else wrote it:lol:

bigjob
30-06-13, 10:49 AM
You two can Knackers :)

SG57
30-06-13, 11:40 AM
Word on the street is that he still owes loads of people money & parts.

That's the last thing this hobby needs.... Plenty of good helpful people still though Adam.

Rog.

kapri
30-06-13, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately he is not alone , several more floating around pulling the same stunts ,some allegedly ,some awaiting kneecapping .Many simply won't name the people involved because they won't be believed ...YOUR money is hard earned, look after it.

Adam Sayers
30-06-13, 04:35 PM
Thing is Kev as soon as anyone says anything derogatory even though it may be the truth everyone is up in arms about it. Then a year later when people are out of pocket the same people are moaning why didn't someone say something.

If the yanks can have a section for good and bad traders, individuals parts ect. Can't see why we can't have the same without the world shitting itself about law suits that will never happen. This is the real world where we help fellow rodders not the shit scared daily fail.

kapri
30-06-13, 04:48 PM
100% Adam. Then there's the forum side of stuff with people threatening lawsuits if something bad about them isn't taken down immediately .One guy hid behind that for around 3 years while still ripping rodders off . Even big names can rip rodders off but no one believes it 'til it's all too late. Again I know of one guy who escaped a hiding by the skin of his teeth.

Will I name them ? Nope, not until it's first hand info but as I said earlier some are too frightened to speak out . I've spoken to guys who've had to have paid for 'top' work redone but won't say who publically.

MikeS
30-06-13, 05:06 PM
A section for good and bad traders is a great idea. If people are too frightened to put up the bad at least list the good; then at least others have a positive steer

kapri
30-06-13, 05:09 PM
Nope, disagree with listing just good , often people recommend without having first hand dealings and also some of those recommended may be the problem behind the scenes as shown in the past. This one is ALWAYS a difficult call .

MikeS
30-06-13, 05:24 PM
All feedback systems are open to abuse, either threatening people who leave bad feedback or fraudulently listing good feedback. If people stick to listing their personal experiences it improves but is still not foolproof. Aditionally I have customers who simply demand unreasonable things, for instance customers who buy a 7 year old used truck with 750 000kms and then expect me to pay for repairs that happen 3 months after they bought it. I'm sure this type of customer would leave bad feedback for me even though they are the unreasonable ones.

I don't know where I'm going with this, probably just round in circles, as you say Kev, it's always a difficult call

BADGER
30-06-13, 08:06 PM
as i wasent told bout this place am i welcome?

Plumpcars
30-06-13, 08:13 PM
I would say so. It's just growing by word of mouth rather than invitation?

BADGER
30-06-13, 08:16 PM
hope so it runs a lot faster and i get to choose how it looks:tup:

Adam Sayers
30-06-13, 11:22 PM
Mike the way it works in the states is that if no proof is given then bullshit is called as well as dumb reasons to say something negative like a coil breaking down on a 50 year old truck sold 3 months ago. Actually people who do leave stupid feedback actually strengthen the trader or individual concerned as others rally round. What it does do is weed out the shitters, the liars, the fraudsters & thieves quickly which in turn does the business of reputable people no harm at all.

If your honest with nothing to worry about this can only be a good thing IMO.

Check this site out. I'm a regular as are a lot of UK racers. There is some dick swinging and pissaing competitions but it gives people a heads up and it works!
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Roadrunna
30-06-13, 11:34 PM
Thing is Kev as soon as anyone says anything derogatory even though it may be the truth everyone is up in arms about it. Then a year later when people are out of pocket the same people are moaning why didn't someone say something.

If the yanks can have a section for good and bad traders, individuals parts ect. Can't see why we can't have the same without the world shitting itself about law suits that will never happen. This is the real world where we help fellow rodders not the shit scared daily fail.

To be fair, thats not how things ran on RnS or indeed any site i've run. I will happily name and shame with proof behind me and irrespective of what threats get thrown around. I think that was clearly shown on RnS on a number of occasions including when it's ended up with the coppers round my house taking statements.

You might be thinking of a different UK site :tup:

The biggest problem (from experience on RnS) is that no-one wants to provide proof. Very few are willing to answer the questions i'd needed to be sure of it myself. Often, it only ever came out as "My mate was ripped off by them" or 2nd/3rd/4th hand comments/rumours which are silly to act on.

In terms of Trolls and Tossers, yep, the Trolls have been given a second chance. It's not going to be one that contains further warnings but it's an opportunity to have learnt from last time and to maybe aim at getting on a bit better this time.

The Tossers are a different story though. Those who have physically ripped people off on RnS or found out through there don't get a second go. The likes of Danny Stephens, Gary Janes, that Smurf tosser Paul from Widnes etc. have no additional chances. They have been and gone.

Roadrunna
30-06-13, 11:40 PM
I'm not averse to a trial of what they run on YB though.
Maybe see how the site goes and look at introducing a 2 or 3 month trial. Have a look at the kind of usage it gets including validity of booth the good and the bad feedback. Then see if it's something that could turn into a reliable tool.

Adam Sayers
30-06-13, 11:59 PM
Thing is Si anyone who bands about 3rd or 4th hand crap becomes a troll and is dealt with accordingly. First hand proven experience good and bad. Hopefully the negative side won't be used but if it is then I hope it'll be for a good reason. Complaining that a trader hasn't got a brake shoe for a '64 8 lug Pontiac wheel or that someone sent a part 2 days later than arranged will make the poster look a prick.

But stating that joe blogs took a deposit 6 months ago and hasn't touched your car after an agreed start date and refuses to answer the phone is something we should know about. Cut out the cancr early. It's not just a trader thing it's for member to member on both sides of a transaction. A dodgy payer should be highlighted too. So much fucking namby pamby do t want to offend crap now days.

ps this isn't a drunken rant. I don't drink & am working 100' under sloane street.

As for the trolls just feed em to the pigs!

Roadrunna
01-07-13, 12:06 AM
ps this isn't a drunken rant. I don't drink & am working 100' under sloane street.

No worries, not taken as that. The drunk ones are easy to spot lol

Chunky
01-07-13, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure but He could always create another identity so may be lurking already.

My view is. Don't rise to him. He has his views which he's entitled to but seems very adept at pushing other peoples buttons.

I like to read positive information and witty banter. Too much negativity is not good for anyone let alone on a new site.

Sorry if my post seems random. It was in respose to is the 200mph van allowed on here.

Note to self... Keep up and read the thread first! :wacky:

School reports was right - could do better. Lol

Jon

MikeS
01-07-13, 02:21 PM
Mike the way it works in the states is that if no proof is given then bullshit is called as well as dumb reasons to say something negative like a coil breaking down on a 50 year old truck sold 3 months ago. Actually people who do leave stupid feedback actually strengthen the trader or individual concerned as others rally round. What it does do is weed out the shitters, the liars, the fraudsters & thieves quickly which in turn does the business of reputable people no harm at all.

If your honest with nothing to worry about this can only be a good thing IMO.

Check this site out. I'm a regular as are a lot of UK racers. There is some dick swinging and pissaing competitions but it gives people a heads up and it works!
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I checked a few of the threads on YB and it seems to work well by 'self moderation'. Si's choice of course, but I could see the benefits of a similar thing on here.

The trucks I sell are of the 40 tons variety to Romanians who think that you get a lifetime warranty with a 25 000 Euros truck when a new one costs upwards of 80 000 Euros