PDA

View Full Version : A,job

spanners
18-01-14, 12:19 AM
as tile due to ATOS, and the DWP who wouldn,t let me return to employment

i,v been re=asessede === long story but i,m more than pissed of with my current position and i,ll do anything to quit the system
so any motor orientered jobs in north lincs going for half a cripple and ill take it

this aint a joke,,,

KerbyCrewGary
18-01-14, 01:27 AM
Good luck mate :tup::tup:

spanners
22-01-14, 12:22 AM
still looking ,,, get a bit desperate,, now i,v nearly got my garage built/rebuilt, funds are getting bad --costs have over run and my savings are spent ,,, i dont like debt and dont want to start on the road where i may owe people ,,

Plumpcars
22-01-14, 06:27 AM
Really wish you luck. The whole ATOS/new goalposts saga is disgusting. Yes it needed sorting but in a different way.

spanners
08-02-14, 08:57 PM
still looking anything at all considered in the north lincolshire area

spanners
17-03-14, 11:33 AM
could be a bit of good news ,, got a days trial for a job tommorrow..

Torment
17-03-14, 11:39 AM
good luck mate..:tup:

Hot Rod Widow
17-03-14, 11:58 AM
Good luck from us

stilltrying
17-03-14, 12:11 PM
We have everything crossed for you, good luck:tup:

Roadrunna
17-03-14, 03:28 PM
Excellent. Hope it goes well :tup:

KerbyCrewGary
17-03-14, 05:19 PM
Brilliant news :tup:

fad15
17-03-14, 06:08 PM
go get em, mate.

Stiff
17-03-14, 07:53 PM
http://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/files/2011/08/good-luck.jpg

Gorgous
17-03-14, 08:22 PM
Good Luck Tomorrow, fingers crossed.

cptpugwash
17-03-14, 08:26 PM
nice one spanners :tup:
what job is the trial for

SG57
17-03-14, 08:44 PM
Everything crossed.

Rog.

V8Devon
17-03-14, 10:26 PM
Yeah buddy, hope it goes good.

spanners
17-03-14, 10:36 PM
nice one spanners :tup:
what job is the trial for

cheers guys

fabricating/welding and general workshop duties ,, moneys poor and it meand traveling but it could be a start ,,

spanners
18-03-14, 10:12 PM
f#'kin, hell what a day the boss, is a right tw@t

stilltrying
18-03-14, 11:17 PM
f#'kin, hell what a day the boss, is a right tw@t

To be honest most are, especially those that know less about the job than the people doing them, having said that are you going back? A start is a start and I have always said it is easier to get a job when you have one rather than looking for one when jobless (hope that makes sense).

If not going back DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!:tup:

spanners
19-03-14, 10:24 PM
To be honest most are, especially those that know less about the job than the people doing them, having said that are you going back? A start is a start and I have always said it is easier to get a job when you have one rather than looking for one when jobless (hope that makes sense).

If not going back DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!:tup:

did the days trail unpaid,, yesterday ,, tw@t picked fault with me but nothing drastic then said i could do a weeks paid trial,, but they only pay monthly direct into bank on the last day of the month
its 61 miles a day round trip so thats gonna cost 10 or 12 a day, and the hourly rate is only 6.51 the advertised hours were 8.30am till 5pm 1/2 out for lunch non smokin site not even in lunch time , but he wanted me to do 8 am till 6pm at the same rate no overtime rate and a saturday but he wouldnt say if sat was 1/2 or full day
at present i,d find it hard to stump up the cash to cover my fuel costs untill first pay day i explained that on the phone this morning and awaited a return phone call it didnt happen so i called back just before lunch and was promised that he would call straight back ,,i,m still waiting ,,

stilltrying
20-03-14, 11:31 AM
Well the travel would certainly cost and monthly paid is more common than anything else these days (daughter does part time for Wickes and that is monthly paid).
As for the smoking thing, most places I work have areas for smokers but believe it or not they are actually off their land, outside their boundary and on one site they had to take out the glass in the smoking huts as it was deemed a hazard. No issue to me as I don't smoke but bloody cold for those that do in the winter.
Just as a thought, how about seeing if any locat fabricators, garages or engineering places near to you would like a jobbing welder? might be worth just asking a few places and going self employed doing the odd bit of welding or mechanical works. Only going by your thread the works look neat and tidy.
Whatever don't give up!

spanners
20-03-14, 12:27 PM
well the ,boss, phoned at 8.30 this morning and wanted me to start a weeks paid trial today , he wont pay any more ,,
so i,v put him of untill i,v spoken to my ,missis, this afternoon then i,v got to phone him back with a decission

i just havn,t got a clue what to do for the best ,,

stilltrying
20-03-14, 01:00 PM
well the ,boss, phoned at 8.30 this morning and wanted me to start a weeks paid trial today , he wont pay any more ,,
so i,v put him of untill i,v spoken to my ,missis, this afternoon then i,v got to phone him back with a decission

i just havn,t got a clue what to do for the best ,,

Just to add to your misery, if you did a week now, you should get paid quickly, so that could pay for your fuel costs for next month? possibly.
If you are undecided then ask if you do the week when does the money get in your account so you know that you could do more works for them.
As I said earlier, it appears easier to get a job when you have already got one, so maybe worth a try if the finances can be sorted, then look for another job closer to home and when enquiring about another job you can just say the pay is a bit crap at the place you are at or you need to work closer to home, that way you don't sound desperate for the new job and that always helps with negotiations.
As before, whatever don't give up.:tup:

KerbyCrewGary
20-03-14, 06:29 PM
I totally agree. If you can juggle the money to get uself to work for this week, show them what we've all seen of your work ethic, and see where it
It will help to push the darkness away, and give you a reason to get up, out and going And that is worth as much as the dosh. You have little to loose, but potentially an awful lot to gain.
As Mr Trying says, it's always easier to get a job if you have one, or turn what looks to be a crap job into a much better one.
Whatever you decide, we're all right behind you mate :tup:

spanners
20-03-14, 06:38 PM
made the decission at 3pm this afternoon start the weeks paid trial at 8am monday that should lead straight into the job but it may not be a long contract of employment as they dont seam to be able to guaruntee anthing long term
but the ,boss, (queer cunt ) did say that i wouldnt have got past the free day,s trail if i hadnt been any good or if he didnt want me ..

fad15
20-03-14, 07:12 PM
Good for you.
just remember when you go for a new job, that the old job was not challenging enough for you and family pressures mean you have to work closer to home. Never have a go at a current employer when you talk to a potential new one. That was the one thing that would stop me from employing someone and cost several people the job I was interviewing them for.

stilltrying
20-03-14, 09:44 PM
Good for you.
just remember when you go for a new job, that the old job was not challenging enough for you and family pressures mean you have to work closer to home. Never have a go at a current employer when you talk to a potential new one. That was the one thing that would stop me from employing someone and cost several people the job I was interviewing them for.

Totally agree with this.

Plus as KCG says we are all behind you and wish you luck, weldone on the decision wether it works out or not you are giving it a go and that is all anyone can ask of you.:tup:

stilltrying
24-03-14, 09:56 AM
Good luck this week, I really hope you stick with it and things start to look brighter, give it your best shot and for as long as you can stand it whilst looking elsewhere for another job for the future:tup:

spanners
01-04-14, 09:17 PM
gone t1ts up

Hot Rod Widow
02-04-14, 01:10 PM
Hugs for you ... just remember we all thinking of you and feel for you

fad15
02-04-14, 06:11 PM
you got that one, so you will get another...

stilltrying
02-04-14, 06:55 PM
That's a real shame, set backs can be very depressing but remember how far you have come in a very short space of time, hopefully you wilkl keep looking, in the meantime the depression buster still needs completing so once you have shaken yourself up a bit I'd go back in the garage and set to on the car again.
Just had a thought and it's not the best I've had but maybe worth making up a few flyers and going to all the local MOT stations and seeing if you can put them up there for anyone who's car has failed an MOT on anything then you could sort it out. I know that some MOT places don't do repairs, I also understand that they may have mates that they already deal with but it maybe worth a talk to some of them or as I said before maybe go into some of the local garages that do older vehicles and see if they might want a hand every now and then. Your welding and mechanical skills are what I would be trying to show to these people.
Just a thought may not be worth it but you never know.
Chins up and good luck.

spanners
02-04-14, 08:32 PM
jobs taken another ,,twist,,

had a phone call late this afternoon ,,, == i,m back there in the morning ,, :crazy:

stilltrying
03-04-14, 09:02 AM
WTF!!! well obviously more to it than meets the eye (maybe not quite enough work all the time for everyone) BUT if they are ringing you up and you are reasonably happy to return then that is all good in my book and more power to you for doing it. Fingers crossed it lasts a bit longer and also remember to keep looking for something closer with more money.

HRW's hugs must be working.:D

spanners
03-04-14, 08:35 PM
early bed tonight ,,i,m ,,,,knackered,,,

spanners
04-04-14, 06:43 PM
more work,, more work ,, low pay,,,, even working tommorrow (sat) untill 1,

fad15
04-04-14, 06:59 PM
Do what you gotta do.. Marvin gay I think. cant find the original on Guggler.Bahhhh

fad15
04-04-14, 07:35 PM
Oh just found it by the 4 tops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUx1vl1vxQ

Enjoy. brings back some memories, but....

stilltrying
04-04-14, 08:22 PM
Keep at it mate, you will get some satisfaction from it in the end hopefully:tup:

spanners
04-04-14, 08:25 PM
Keep at it mate, you will get some satisfaction from it in the end hopefully:tup:

i need a cheap small diesel daily (pug 206 van) then it would 1/2 the travel costs

stilltrying
07-04-14, 07:58 PM
i need a cheap small diesel daily (pug 206 van) then it would 1/2 the travel costs

Can't help on the van side of things but if you are really looking for one then you must be thinking actually going to work at this place for some time (fingers crossed) and that is a very positive place to be in.:tup:

fad15
07-04-14, 08:19 PM
look for a Smart with a f***** engine, rebuilt engines are about 850 exchange and take no time to put in. Cheap insurance 50 plus per mile and small enough to hide under your stairs. Just a thought.

phunkie hiboy
08-04-14, 09:05 PM
I know it's not a van, Mike, but what about a Citroen C3 1400 HDI, 50 to the gallon and 30 quid a year tax

spanners
17-04-14, 09:22 PM
I know it's not a van, Mike, but what about a Citroen C3 1400 HDI, 50 to the gallon and 30 quid a year tax
cheers, but i,m not a big lover of citroens, allthough i have owned them in the past ,, and worked on loads of them.

still working and still waiting for a pay day because i started part way through march i have to wait untill the end of april to get paid ,, my bank is now empty and i,m totally ,,skint,,
not 100% shure i,ll get to the end of the month as i cant afford the fuel to get to work and my daily runs out of test before pay day ,, i really need to sell something to survive ,,

they owe me for 200 hours,,, but after deductions i,ll be licky if i bank anything near a grand ,, the moneys,,, sh1te,,

stilltrying
22-04-14, 10:27 AM
cheers, but i,m not a big lover of citroens, allthough i have owned them in the past ,, and worked on loads of them.

still working and still waiting for a pay day because i started part way through march i have to wait untill the end of april to get paid ,, my bank is now empty and i,m totally ,,skint,,
not 100% shure i,ll get to the end of the month as i cant afford the fuel to get to work and my daily runs out of test before pay day ,, i really need to sell something to survive ,,

they owe me for 200 hours,,, but after deductions i,ll be licky if i bank anything near a grand ,, the moneys,,, sh1te,,

I agree the money is not good BUT it is money coming in and hopefully you will get through this month and next will be a little easier to handle.

Also keep looking more local to your home for work as well.

I have had a bit of a read of some of my posts to you and I think I have turned into my parents :beuj: (that's what happens when you get old I suppose) anyway they would appear to have been right more times than wrong so keep going, keep positive and keep looking.:tup:

spanners
23-04-14, 08:01 PM
got a 51 plate fiesta diesel van for a daily runner.

one apprentice quit last week ,,the other quit yesterday dinner,, new plater welder started this afternoon then he ,quit, he was with us less then 2hrs, :crazy:

Stiff
23-04-14, 08:20 PM
Sounds a nice place to work http://cdn.kitchenknifeforums.com/images/smilies/eyebrow.gif

KerbyCrewGary
23-04-14, 09:03 PM
Carry on like this and you'll be the M.D.....
In all seriousness, this might be just the opportunity you might have been looking for...:tup:

stilltrying
24-04-14, 11:48 AM
They obviously didn't want it as much as you did, full marks to you for keeping going:tup: with the new motor and pay in the bank the next couple of months should be easier to handle.

spanners
24-04-14, 06:47 PM
They obviously didn't want it as much as you did, full marks to you for keeping going:tup: with the new motor and pay in the bank the next couple of months should be easier to handle.

i now need new lightweight boots,,;) as the new motor,,eats trucks,,, for breakfast ,,,, :crazy:

spanners
24-04-14, 06:53 PM
boss has his own private workshop/bodyshop,, that isnt really used but has a few goodie,s stored in it .. helped him out for an hour this afternoon , knocking some dents out of an MGB roadster
it caught him by suprise when i picked up a hammer and dolly and just got stuck in , in front of him :lol:

stilltrying
24-04-14, 08:49 PM
And I bet you enjoyed doing it as well. Your skills are obviously starting to shine through, so hopefully given a little time maybe the money will as well, having said that keep looking more local or at possible better finances, try to keep your options open and as many as you can (shit I should take my own advise:D and maybe I'll get a bit more work:lol:) Your still doing well and hopefully you are feeling happier.

spanners
02-05-14, 02:01 PM
Bttp now out of work havnt even been properly paid boss has turned out to be the ass ole i thought he could be ..f##in ,,twat,,

fad15
02-05-14, 06:30 PM
Really sorry to hear that. If you haven't got whats due to you, take it further.

I once threatened a guy with a call to the Police claiming 'theft' when he told me to whistle for my dues. He paid the money when i started to dial... mind you this was a long time ago and the law stated that you were entitled to pay within 1 hour of completion of the work, in other words if you wanted to be shitty, at the end of each day.

Did you sign a contract of any kind?

If you are 100% sure then there is always the small claims court.

stilltrying
02-05-14, 10:03 PM
Shitting hell, really thought things were turning around for you. As said take it further, make sure you have a list of all the hours you worked, tot up what it is you should have been paid and go to the small claims court, might even be worth contacting the inland revenue and saying he isn't declaring all monies and see if they look into his business. Create as much crap as you possibly can.

spanners
05-05-14, 11:08 AM
went in saturday and ,stirred, up sh1te.. money has appeared direct into bank .

i still have a job there if i want it . dunno what to do ?????

fad15
05-05-14, 11:14 AM
Result. Money and a job (even if you hate it). Sounds like a funny bunch, but works work. keep looking mate if your that good they dont want you to go, then theres something out there for you.

stilltrying
05-05-14, 04:14 PM
Result on the money front. Obviously we don't know all the in's and out's of what is going on there, but is it the owner that is a twat or the manager?
If they paid you directly when confronted and they still want you to work for them perhaps they try it on to see who they can turn over for a few quid and those that argue or know what they are doing they pay.
It's a very strange set up and only you can decide if the aggro is worth it but do remember where and why this all started. If it was me I would probably keep going but log every hour worked and make sure you get your money at the stipulated time, whilst looking for another job elsewhere. Fingers are still crossed for you.

spanners
06-05-14, 08:48 PM
went to work this morning not feeling good ended up coming home early feeling very ill got another doctors appointment in the morning ,,things aint lookin too good

stilltrying
06-05-14, 09:52 PM
Chins up mate, could be stress related, you certainly had enough from what I have seen. Fingers crossed still.

spanners
06-05-14, 10:32 PM
Chins up mate, could be stress related, you certainly had enough from what I have seen. Fingers crossed still.

hope it is stress related i,d got chest pain ,,, i had tests last september but the results wernt what the specielist had hoped and i,v been waiting to see someone else,,
i had to drive 30miles home to get to the docs and all they said was 9.40am tommorrow if get worse before then go to A&E
did think of just ringing the undertakers ..

stilltrying
07-05-14, 06:35 PM
Apparently you would fail the undertakers test, think you actually have to have stopped breathing and beating before they will let you in.:incheek:

cptpugwash
07-05-14, 06:36 PM
http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/2/1/4/214_536a7c4ae46ac.jpg

pic of a cool truck to cheer spanners up
hope you feel better soon :)

fad15
07-05-14, 06:51 PM
did think of just ringing the undertakers ..

Do that and I will take a day off and come and slap you sensible.

Dig in, after all the crap you have gone through, and done something about, you must know in your heart that something better is out there just waiting for you. Just got to take a deep breath and look....

By the way been where you are and even now it leaves a mark, but got to get on with it. Went from a huge salary to less than average wage now, but happy and contented without the need to keep up with others.

Just trying to help, dude, but if I can come through it so can you. Hows the project going?

spanners
07-05-14, 09:29 PM
http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/2/1/4/214_536a7c4ae46ac.jpg

pic of a cool truck to cheer spanners up
hope you feel better soon :)

cheers,, but i had to sell my hotrod last week ..

cptpugwash
08-05-14, 04:18 PM
sorry spanners didnt know that

spanners
08-05-14, 04:39 PM
sorry spanners didnt know that

no worrie,s i just wish i could find some parts for some of my other stuff then i could get something up and running for the summer .
struggling finding things like an intank pump for the f350,, and the bits to do the dodge ..

stilltrying
08-05-14, 06:22 PM
I got my suburban in tank pump from a company on the us ebay site, cheap as chips and fairly fast delivery and it worked, might be worth a look, I know cash is tight but it could be the way to go. Probably doesn't need to be specific for your truck as loads of them have in tank pumps, think my one fitted about ten different motors.

Here's one I found on ebay.com 380852595254 sorry couldn't actually copy the link so you will have to put the number in to get it. Postage on this is high but it gives you an idea as to what is there. I certainly didn't pay that sort of postage cost so give it a look and see if there are any others at a reasonable price.

spanners
09-05-14, 10:09 PM
well ill or not i need a job thats better than what i,v been doing ,, otherwise i,ll end up on the slippery down hill slope again..