PDA

View Full Version : Finish one a month build ?

57peppershaker
22-01-14, 07:49 PM
Great news & thanks Si, for adding a small scale section to the site :tup:

We ALL have unfinished models, so rather than a comp, how about trying to finish one of your part built kits per month ? I have toooooooo many BUT unfortunately due to a hand op last week to repair a busted thumb / tendon, I have a sick note for at least 8 weeks :tdown:

I'll take a few pics of what I 'plan' to finish & post soon tho.

fad15
22-01-14, 08:42 PM
Great. I like the model side of this.

NO not the ones with big tits, the ones with little wheels.

scooter
22-01-14, 09:00 PM
I've put together a few models over the years, the ones I enjoyed most were not necessarily car related but it's the same sort of stuff. The old Phantom of the Opera, Werewolf and Frankenstein models I loved doing.
There was a thread somewhere or other showing a pro mod model being built which I have to say was top drawer, if anyone has a link I'd love to see it again.

HOTROD RICK
22-01-14, 10:09 PM
Great news & thanks Si, for adding a small scale section to the site :tup:

We ALL have unfinished models, so rather than a comp, how about trying to finish one of your part built kits per month ? I have toooooooo many BUT unfortunately due to a hand op last week to repair a busted thumb / tendon, I have a sick not for at least 8 weeks :tdown:

I'll take a few pics of what I 'plan' to finish & post soon tho.
so your gonner win before we start with all that time off you have to pop round for a tea you know were i am pm me i give you my address :tup:

57peppershaker
22-01-14, 10:16 PM
Ha, no time off Rick (apart from 3 days due to op). As I'm office based, was back to the grindstone this week.
I cant use my left hand so no plastic fiddling (ohh matron !). So as usual I'll be trailing behind lol.

Ping me your address tho if ya putting the kettle on mate. Be good to catch up.

Stevie G
24-01-14, 05:33 PM
I've got several unfinished models that were all put back in the box after I messed them up with mostly paint related "accidents".
I'll have to dig them out and see what I can do to fix them.

57peppershaker
15-02-14, 10:32 PM
Right, hands on the mend & trip to physioterrorists next week so time for a sort out.

Prob is tooo many unfinished kits so dunno where to start ?

Got a 1/12 57 Chevy that I started a conversion into (the late) Roy Smiths 4 door coupe, that we had for our wedding car. As its our 20th anv in June, maybe I should finish it ! ?