PDA

View Full Version : will this forum be sold off like rods n sods after it gets too big

GT350
28-06-13, 06:29 PM
will this forum be sold off like rods n sods after it gets too big?

shoebox
28-06-13, 06:34 PM
eek!

Chevy Chaser
28-06-13, 06:36 PM
And they are off .................................................. .............

stilltrying
28-06-13, 06:37 PM
Was wondering when that question was going to be posed, probably in the back of a number of peoples minds.
I would look at it this way, it took three years to do the last one so we have at least about that amount of time to enjoy this one.

Mrquickwhip
28-06-13, 06:37 PM
I think this question may have been asked cos of snide posts on another forum

53catalina
28-06-13, 06:43 PM
look how many pubs go down hill and close when the landlord leaves.

This place has a good landlord, hopefully with a very long tenancy agreement.:tup:

Cheers.

GT350
28-06-13, 06:45 PM
hopefully this forum should as is with si on top off things

fad15
28-06-13, 06:47 PM
Dont care. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Captain Scarlet
28-06-13, 06:50 PM
I saw one person on 'another forum' post a suggestion it may be sold.

stilltrying
28-06-13, 06:53 PM

There's other forums:eek:

Captain Scarlet
28-06-13, 06:57 PM
There's other forums:eek:

:lol: getting too many for me,i am on four regular now,and two others i am not finding time for :crazy:

MikeS
28-06-13, 07:01 PM
Doesn't bother me either way. I'll just enjoy it will I can and worry about tomorrow another time

spanners
28-06-13, 07:05 PM
i reckon its best give it a chance ,, after all its not like the eagle,s hotel california ,,

Nojive 55
28-06-13, 07:08 PM

I think you know the answer to that

Bob....

stu460
28-06-13, 07:45 PM
Who cares? Enjoy it for what it promises to be and move on if you don't like it. It's not like there aren't other sites out there.

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 07:47 PM

Will probably cash in early this time at only 5million so that gives everyone about 18 months :tup:

http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-picture-flipping-through-hundred-dollar-bills-gif-animation.gif

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 07:50 PM
Realistically whatever answer I gave wouldn't really matter. Generally when opinions are set they're set.

I'm in it for the long haul. If people want to join me then sweet :tup:
If not then there's a fair few other sites out there that may be more suited :tup:

We could all be dead tomorrow.

Blackpopracing
28-06-13, 08:08 PM
Best sell it tonight then Si, I'll start with an offer of 7p :D

Torment
28-06-13, 08:11 PM
i will raise it to a can of pepsi max.

fad15
28-06-13, 08:13 PM
Shoot. Out bid again

kapri
28-06-13, 08:15 PM
Can I buy shares this time please ? ;) A usable forum is fine by me, private OR corporate owned .

Let's get all the whinging backstabbing and moaning out of the way now and then PLEASE can we get back to business as usual ?

Plumpcars
28-06-13, 08:17 PM
I've tried to compose something here that shows how I feel. I can't get the words to sound right. All I will say is let's give it a go, a chance for a fresh start and enjoy things for what they are whilst putting any negatives behind us.
Si and I chatted before the launch and he was well aware that there could be plenty of negatives thrown at him. He still went ahead and I respect that.

stilltrying
28-06-13, 08:28 PM
No negatives from me other than the waste of time I'm doing on here:incheek: however I did think the question was going to be put forward at some point and even thought it took longer than I expected, however if it does or doesn't I don't really care, any photo's I post or rubbish I write can be given to anyone the site wants to give or sell it to. I would just hope that the creator and his helpers keep things fun and flowing in the meantime.
I'm not going to die tonight as I promised to ring my mum tomorrow night and I don't like breaking promises so we are not all going to die tomorrow:tup:

Hot Rod Widow
28-06-13, 08:34 PM
Whatever Si reasons for selling other forum is really none of our business, had R&S Managers replied about broken forum then there would have been no need for this one. Lets enjoy and basically if you nothing to say nice then dont say anything. People will always surmise about what etc, so what like others have said we could be dead tomorrow .. So it Friday night enjoy

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 08:42 PM
i will raise it to a can of pepsi max.

Fucking Sold !!!!!

Russ D
28-06-13, 08:44 PM
Lets just get the old feeling back, can we buy shares?
Hell its like coming home!

Torment
28-06-13, 08:45 PM
Fucking Sold !!!!!

:woohoo:

end of thread......back to the car talk chaps....

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 08:47 PM
Steady on mate. I've got 3,700 lines of code here for you to finish off for the image hosting scripts.
Let me know where you want the files dumping and when I can expect my can of PepsiMax :D

SG57
28-06-13, 08:49 PM

I saw that on 'another forum' Captain.

Rog.

Torment
28-06-13, 08:50 PM
will you take an i.o.u.???

i stopped doing lines when i got kicked out of school...

anyhow,now im the owner cant i command you to do my evil plans.?

Roadrunna
28-06-13, 08:52 PM
I saw that on 'another forum' Captain.

Rog.

Two birds, one stone. We've got the question out the way and also stirred up some traffic all round :tup:

Jobs a good 'un :D

Lee
28-06-13, 08:52 PM
anyhow,now im the owner cant i command you to do my evil plans.?

Si, don't do his evil plans. Last time I did I couldn't shit right for a week.

Ozzie
28-06-13, 10:19 PM
The way I see it, Forums of any kind are only worth what someone is willing to pay and all you are really paying for is internet space, the regular users can fuck off at any time they chose and go else where. I dont know, or have actually spoken to anyone involved, but they must be very good business men. Im surprised this forum was allowed to exist in such a small time frame from selling the other. I once had an offer on the table to sell my company and then become employeed by them. If I didnt want to work for them they had a small print saying I couldnt start another company in the same field within 5 years. I say good luck to Si and hope him the best, if we can talk shite, help each other out, all well and good. If he and his team sell up then again shake his hand and say well done

Ozzie

Russ D
28-06-13, 10:49 PM
Can I swop it for my mums gravy recepie? It is rather good!"

oldnosname
29-06-13, 12:38 AM
I,m with the majority enjoy it while its here & if you dont move on, i know how much time it takes to run my website & i hate doing it so i say thanks to all involved for getting it off the ground & giving us all somewhete to hang out, If it gets to the point where they have something to sell & decide to do it good luck to them, similiar to taking several yrs to build a rod or restore something take it to a few shows & selling it on, i,m sure a few of us have been there more than once. CHEERS RAY in sf

V8Rumble
29-06-13, 06:49 PM
Boring

When's the first Torquedup gathering happening?

53catalina
29-06-13, 07:00 PM
We also need new hoodies and t shirts.

Is there a shop yet?

Russ D
29-06-13, 07:21 PM
Still got a new RnS hoodie, who knows may be worth a few bob one day!!:bored:

SG57
29-06-13, 11:40 PM
Boring

When's the first Torquedup gathering happening?

Bakewell next year! You, or rather Mrs V8Rumble were missed this year. We were geared up to return the bacon sandwiches but where were you? Make a plan to go to Bakewell next year it will take a lot to keep me away.
The Friday night in the Peacock with Bigjob, Torment, The Riddler, Michael the show organiser and two young American tourists (not forgeting the landlady) was epic!

Rog.

Hot Rod Widow
30-06-13, 06:08 AM
Once date has been confirmed please let us know hopefully we will make it

Torment
30-06-13, 08:43 AM
Bakewell next year! You, or rather Mrs V8Rumble were missed this year. We were geared up to return the bacon sandwiches but where were you? Make a plan to go to Bakewell next year it will take a lot to keep me away.
The Friday night in the Peacock with Bigjob, Torment, The Riddler, Michael the show organiser and two young American tourists (not forgeting the landlady) was epic!

Rog.

them american tourists...holly was awesome....sorry bob.

SG57
30-06-13, 09:00 AM

Holly may have been awesome but Stella made my night! Imagine them back in the US telling friends and family about their night in Bakewell!!!

Rog.

bigjob
30-06-13, 09:06 AM

So was the Landlady..............:)

SG57
30-06-13, 11:45 AM
So was the Landlady..............:)

A brilliant recovery Bry, from nearly being thrown out to being a very welcome customer in 10 pints! LOL

Rog.

V8Rumble
30-06-13, 08:07 PM

Rog.

Yeah gutted we missed it had time booked off work and tickets booked but circumstances took over so look forward to next year. Was Minty not there this year?

bergy
30-06-13, 09:28 PM
Going to try our hardest not to miss next years. would be good to find a show like it a bit further south as well :tup:

55chev
30-06-13, 10:19 PM
Of course it fuckin will ! didnt realize this site was owned by the same person.had the piss taken out of us once,not again...im gone...no dout this will be removed..

Blackpopracing
01-07-13, 12:18 PM
Of course it fuckin will ! didnt realize this site was owned by the same person.had the piss taken out of us once,not again...im gone...no dout this will be removed..

:shake:

p.a.w
01-07-13, 01:38 PM
Still got a new RnS hoodie, who knows may be worth a few bob one day!!:bored:

I think 1 Bob....... is enough:incheek:

fad15
01-07-13, 02:36 PM
You know what. I think one of the reason this site has taken off so quickly is that Si is 'in charge'. From what I have gleemed over the last few years he seems to have respect from an awful lot of people who use and enjoy Forums. Si and crew (lets not forget the crew) have a gentle way of keeping it on track without the heavy handed approach I have experienced on other sites.

There will always be the spoilers, the assholes, the trolls and the winders, but I get a lot of enjoyment and piss taking from the members and just being here among them. Nothing wrong with being told you are wrong or out of order, thats life.

I co run a T Bucket Forum with a friend in the USA and this site has had more visits since it started than we have had all year. Must be something right with it and the originator.

Personally, if it gets sold in 3 years time, then I would have had 3 years of fun entertainment, advice, and encouragement for free.

Course this is only MPO. Oh and I have never met Si or had the pleasure of him buying me a Merlot (or bottle of such)

Roadrunna
01-07-13, 04:31 PM
Cheers Gerry, on behalf of myself and the crew :tup:

Realistically, I couldn't give a toss about the 'naysayers' this time. I took too much of that crap personally last time.

For those that are here and that matter, no-one knows what the future holds but at this moment in time I/we have a plan.
That plan consists of this place being here (and under our control) for as long as people want to use it. That's about it really lol (never said it was a GOOD or DETAILED plan).
There's no intention of running banner ads over the site so what you see is what you get (bar the odd tweak to the decor).
We aim to manage and discipline in the same way that we've done before.

Whether all that is still the case in 10 years time i've no idea but then neither has anyone else.
I can only tell you where we are now :tup:

No Sound
01-07-13, 04:42 PM
:yeahthat: now what about the shop, never did get a T shirt Andy

Roadrunna
01-07-13, 04:43 PM
That stuff's a fair way off yet. We've not even got a 'proper' logo sorted so far.

stretch
01-07-13, 04:48 PM
well done si and his team

Crusty
01-07-13, 06:57 PM
Well done Si, got to admit that it was gettin harder and harder to log on to R+S to the point where it wouldnt let me.

english impala
01-07-13, 07:27 PM
Well done Si, got to admit that it was gettin harder and harder to log on to R+S to the point where it wouldnt let me.

We wondered where you'd gone, some suggested that you'd polished your billet ali-valve covers so hard that a Genie had appeared & granted you three wishes......

Crusty
01-07-13, 07:53 PM
We wondered where you'd gone, some suggested that you'd polished your billet ali-valve covers so hard that a Genie had appeared & granted you three wishes......

Bollox Gary, one thing I aint is a feckin street rodder, just ask my garage mate about my shiny shiny gearbox! hahahaha :finger::D

stilltrying
01-07-13, 07:54 PM

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out:tdown::wave: Can't see how you didn't know who was who with respect to the two sites. I'm here for four reasons.
Firstly they let me.
Secondly the old site was causing me issues with logging in and viewing (still have a looksee now and then when it lets me)
Thirdly I have seen a lot of people who I have come to admire (sounds gay I know) on here
Lastly, but very importantly, I like the attitude of the owner and the moderators who run the site.
Three years or more who cares, just enjoy.

V8Devon
01-07-13, 08:02 PM
The way I see it is that most people in car land wouldn't give a second thought to buying an old motor, spending some time, effort and money on it, then moving it on to the next punter for a profit.
Nothing wrong with that, it provides something for peeps without the knowledge or time and it's how the world moves. The principle is the same, so fair play I say.

Torment
01-07-13, 08:16 PM
its not being sold...i own it now... so you can give it some :rule: to emperor JIM I.