PDA

View Full Version : My Pop - an epic build time :)

Blackpopracing
28-06-13, 07:45 PM
To be added to soon............

http://www.hotrodphotos.co.uk/images.poppages/Pop%20as%20bought.jpg

mopar_mark
29-06-13, 12:51 PM
I've seen the Pop, let's see more of the boat :D :D

Fordson Van
29-06-13, 03:12 PM
Hi Blackpop,you have finished pics of the Pop?
FV

Blackpopracing
30-06-13, 01:16 PM
Hi Mark,

I have got more photos of the boat somewhere - in amongst about 10,000 other photos!!
It was a totally mad setup, 21' 'Ring' boat, with twin 225 Bhp Yamaha V6 engines on the back with 13" chopper props. Hydraulic trim plates also fitted.
Owned by my mate Mick Pratt, it would do about 70mph on the open sea and it felt like 200!!
Awesome accelleration (and decellaration too!) it would stand up at 90 degrees of you opened the throttles at at standstill (and would go over if you did not back off). Capable of using 50 gallons of petrol in 50 minutes!! in the round the Isle of Wight race.
Also good for helping you piss blood after the race too :confused:

Blackpopracing
30-06-13, 07:58 PM
Not too much to report at the moment as I'm waiting for the machine shop to have time for the block to be done, so I've mostly been doing house/garden stuff :eek:
I did find time to repaint the heater housing though, it was originally satin black - but I thought I'd do it in gloss after all.

Blackpopracing
03-07-13, 10:07 PM
No photos, but engine is now stripped and loaded into car for hone, new pistons & ARP bolts fitted to rods, resized rods and full balance job :)