PDA

View Full Version : Want your car to star on television?

yankeato
11-08-15, 11:37 AM
Would you like your Car to star in an ongoing iconic television commercial?

Post up your interest, plus a photo of your nominated vehicle.

Alternatively, get in contact: atoyankey@gmail.com

Plumpcars
11-08-15, 04:47 PM
Would you care to let us know your credentials before people commit their cars please. People that join here just to advertise often get avoided.

fad15
11-08-15, 05:05 PM
And the type of car you are looking for, along with some idea of the situations the car will be put in.

Torment
11-08-15, 05:09 PM
http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/3/4/34_5219032becac9.jpg

satan
11-08-15, 05:44 PM
http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/4/0/2/402_55ca345d2cd4c.jpg
looks retarded to me.

yankeato
11-08-15, 05:45 PM
Would you care to let us know your credentials before people commit their cars please. People that join here just to advertise often get avoided.

Hi, sorry if I was vague, we're trying to gain an interest before I went into further details. At this moment we haven't locked ourselves into anything specific.

We are looking for an individual with American muscle car they would like to showcase in a television ident.

If you have any interest, get in contact and we can talk further. Otherwise, thank you for reading the post.

Plumpcars
11-08-15, 05:50 PM
That says it all then.

Mark
11-08-15, 07:04 PM
http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/8/1/81_55ca4713e43d5.jpg

http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/8/1/81_55ca4713e43d5.jpg

satan
11-08-15, 07:14 PM
So,,, just to be clear Mark,, that'll be two fucks you dont give then?:lol:

stretch
11-08-15, 07:15 PM
and a fuck that shit from me too

yankeato
11-08-15, 07:38 PM
That says it all then.
Apologies.

Credentials:

I've worked within television commercials for 5 years as an assistant director whilst persuing a career in film making myself.

You can find examples of my work at www.mryankey.com

Plumpcars
11-08-15, 07:39 PM
Thank you.

roscobbc
11-08-15, 07:43 PM
My conclusion with 'car shows' is that the producers/directors of shows do not have the faintest idea of the subject matter, nor even care. They just want to find the cheapest way of making a show. Hence if you are lucky they'll give you some mileage money for sitting around for hours doing nothing, getting bored and freezing cold. Generally your car will get damaged as they or the micro celebrities involved do not care about your pride and joy. Anyone seen my buddy Pete's '74 BB Vette featured in Car SOS with those Tim and Fuzz geezers on TV in the last few months? hair raising story of non-communicating producers doing things to a car that THEY wanted to do (for good TV) rather than things his mates advised the show should have been done.

satan
11-08-15, 08:12 PM
My conclusion with 'car shows' is that the producers/directors of shows do not have the faintest idea of the subject matter, nor even care. They just want to find the cheapest way of making a show. Hence if you are lucky they'll give you some mileage money for sitting around for hours doing nothing, getting bored and freezing cold. Generally your car will get damaged as they or the micro celebrities involved do not care about your pride and joy. Anyone seen my buddy Pete's '74 BB Vette featured in Car SOS with those Tim and Fuzz geezers on TV in the last few months? hair raising story of non-communicating producers doing things to a car that THEY wanted to do (for good TV) rather than things his mates advised the show should have been done.

that'll be this Tim Shaw then,,,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Shaw_(presenter) interesting but maybe disturbing details indeed.

stretch
11-08-15, 08:15 PM
he should have put this up on r n s bound to be someone over there wants some glory,place is full of fucking morons

yankeato
11-08-15, 08:16 PM
Hi Rosco,

I'm not shooting a car show. The car needed for the shoot is used as an aesthetic tool to illustrate the impact of America on the television channel in question.

cptpugwash
11-08-15, 08:52 PM
See yeah feeling better now Stretch

roscobbc
11-08-15, 09:23 PM
Hi Rosco,

I'm not shooting a car show. The car needed for the shoot is used as an aesthetic tool to illustrate the impact of America on the television channel in question.
My comment was a generalisation - not specific to any one show (and not Car SOS) - just observations over many years of others whose cars were with agencies.

stretch
11-08-15, 09:31 PM
See yeah feeling better now Stretch
yes loads

KerbyCrewGary
12-08-15, 08:54 AM
Just to add balance.....
We came out of a pub one night to find a hand written note on our van (V8 cf) saying somthing like 'I'd like to use this in an advert, please call me....'
It was actually for a promo ad for a drug company, I insisted that only I drove it. Spent a day, mostly sitting around eating free food, and got to drive on the Millbrook track, at serious speeds, and got about a weeks wages for the day.
Jus saying......:)

57peppershaker
12-08-15, 11:57 AM
Did it get aired Gary ?
Fame & fortune . . . . . ??

57peppershaker
12-08-15, 12:03 PM
that'll be this Tim Shaw then,,,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Shaw_(presenter) interesting but maybe disturbing details indeed.

Very interesting bit about his Lotus Esprit . . . . . .
Glad he doesn't want to make a radio show involving cars !!

fad15
12-08-15, 06:53 PM
Looks like we are becoming a 'hard core' site, and for good reason. I just love the idea that we ask questions instead of falling at the feet of someone who says we can be on TV.

To me, this means we think more of our cars than; to quote a well know person "15 minutes of fame".

Well done lads for not wetting yourselves with anticipation of adulation, recognition and unbearable superiority.

If there are people out there that want to use our cars in a serious manner for media work, they now know where to come.

BY the way if big tits were involved in the OPs post I can reconsider all of the above.

Not really.

G

Torment
12-08-15, 06:55 PM
liar.

fad15
12-08-15, 07:11 PM
NO I'm not..........................................

Big things impress me when they are all alloy and scream at the touch of a pedal:incheek:

satan
12-08-15, 10:31 PM
BY the way if big tits were involved in the OPs post I can reconsider all of the above

G

I don't think they would suit you G:lol: