PDA

View Full Version : Silly cheap yank wanted!

50sgirly
08-07-13, 07:07 PM
Hey, if you don't ask...Right?! Ha! Just had unpleasant neighbours quote law at me regarding being able to block my driveway as it was empty (some of us work for a living!) so, i'm thinking we'll stop their little game... 1950s pref but really quite open to suggestion 5k or less yank required! Not expecting miracles for money obviously so lets just see if anyone knows of anything and see if I could learn to like it! I am a bird so no green ones no white ones no manuals and almost probably no British! Running pref but maybe not?! I know, I know, bit radical just for drive unblocking but I am a little nuts and it might be nice to have something to work on. A gal's got to learn! Besides, it's my birthday month and I need a pressie to cheer me up! What do we think???!!!! xxx

esstenner
08-07-13, 07:27 PM
How about a Chevy fleetside pickup Sarah ? Its probably later than you want but its Blue V8 auto and its taxed and tested needs some work but a sweet truck plus it could be yours for 2K. rides great and good for a parts fetcher....................................:tup:
Let me know and I'll try and load a pic
..Nige..

stretch
08-07-13, 07:44 PM
amc pacer?

stilltrying
08-07-13, 08:07 PM
amc pacer?

WHAT!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo! Must be others out there for the price

just thought, not really your sort of car but a late C3 corvette would be in that range and dead easy to work on and learn the trade so to speak plus most are auto's, plastic bodies but can have a bit of rot in the chassis so make sure you take someone with you who knows a bit about Vettes (not yanks in general but vettes as they have their own issues that you need to be aware of). A female driving a vette = sexy:D mind you a female driving any yank = sexy to me.:tup:

50sgirly
08-07-13, 08:24 PM
Oooooh! You mean there are cars out there for that price?? Who knew?!! I need pics! How exciting! I do so love a bit of auto shopping! Have some pals who, if they don't kill me when they find out my latest oddball idea will come with me to view if I like pic...I hope?!! Fun fun! xx

fad15
08-07-13, 08:49 PM
Why dont you hire a skip for a month. That should do it.....

50sgirly
08-07-13, 09:01 PM
Because, although the idea came from drive blocking...I'm now warming to idea of another Yank to play with and would be genuinely interested to learn whats out there. Skips are out. Not driveable and all together too pointy box like. :incheek:

v8.jimmy
09-07-13, 12:44 PM
Because, although the idea came from drive blocking...I'm now warming to idea of another Yank to play with and would be genuinely interested to learn whats out there. Skips are out. Not driveable and all together too pointy box like. :incheek:

This one slightly dearer, selling it at what it owes me but it will need some welding to floors for MOT, but it runs and drives and stops. It is a 1960 Chevrolet BelAir, it has a 400 cu in small block and a Th400 auto coupled to a '63 Impala rear for better gearing. Needs work for sure but it's all there. 5500.
undefined
sorry wont let me upload pics for some reason.

Evil McNasty
09-07-13, 12:45 PM
Link don't work Jimmy............

Evil McNasty
09-07-13, 01:01 PM
This one Jimmy ?

http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/4/0/40_51dc0a3c43651.jpg

v8.jimmy
09-07-13, 01:11 PM
that's the car mate, was trying to get the newer pics on as that one is a couple of years old, can't seem to be able to fathom how to upload but then I'm a total technofobe

Evil McNasty
09-07-13, 01:16 PM
Not difficult..... If I can you can.
Icon second from right....
Upload images (in green)
click the little tick when uploaded.

v8.jimmy
09-07-13, 01:26 PM
just keep getting an error syntax error invalid character when the pic tries to upload and no box to tick. managed no probs on the other site, all I did was hold down the ctrl key and upload in bulk but can;t do it that way either.

oldnosname
09-07-13, 04:29 PM
hello sarah ray here in ca not fifties but there is a 70 cad 4dr hardtop arriving in chatham in a few weeks almost mint orig 81,000 miles drive anywhere & its blue/white vinyl top its long enough to block you,re driveway & his ! not sure what it works out to in pounds but the price will be around $10500 all inclusive also have a 58 edsel 4dr hardtop arriving soon , that should be well within you,re range , dont you just hate it when you have a pain in the arse next door i have one just moved in with two dogs the size of shetland ponies, he,s gone all day never walks the dogs & they bark day & night at the slightest sound or movement, you should buy a use dup banger racer park it you,re drive that,ll really piss him off good luck RAY in sf
http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/1/6/9/169_51dc39ecc4e3c.jpg

http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/1/6/9/169_51dc3a2fbef3d.jpg

http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/1/6/9/169_51dc3a4788d62.jpg

Evil McNasty
09-07-13, 05:50 PM
This morning it was $1.48 to the 1.00.........

50sgirly
09-07-13, 05:54 PM
Thankyou so much for offering the cars for consideration. Really very much appreciated. I'm not "taken" as it were with any of them though. Think we all remember how much of a fussy nightmare I was the first time round!!! That went several thousand over budget too!!! Trying to be much better this time but I still have to like it, sorry but again, thankyou for taking time to show me pics.xxx

oldnosname
09-07-13, 06:04 PM
if you just want to get to the neighbour buy the worst piece of junk you can find put it on axle stands in the driveway take the doors & hood off like onslo,s old avenger in the bucket woman cheers RAY in sf

bigyellataxi
17-07-13, 08:54 PM
Hey Sarah, how about the Coopervan, '61 Ford Econoline, no rust, just patina...

It's a bit more than your budget @ 6500 but it's one cool Van (straight six, column change)

http://www.torquedup.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/usr_images/6/7/67_51e703fa31810.jpg

I can get more photo's if needed, comes resplendent with a bed in the back too, black diamond pleat vinyl, all new...