PDA

View Full Version : I feel really comfortable here.

fad15
19-07-13, 07:49 PM
New forum, same faces; plus some new ones.
Has a good feel to it and lacks the problems of some of the others around. (DONT turn this into a Forum bashing rant please)

Seems to be clean and crisp. May even chuck up a couple of tech threads.

Now about the Xmas decor, have you got anything in mind yet Si ???

KerbyCrewGary
19-07-13, 08:06 PM
Balls.....
Balls are always good at Xmas.....

Plumpcars
19-07-13, 08:50 PM
Get the tech threads up. The more the merrier. There's a strong membership base here now and it just needs to grow. I'm pleased to be at an open minded forum that doesn't have the politics and baiting.

farncombe pop
19-07-13, 09:15 PM
A tad slow to get going but has a nice feel to it...........bit like the wife really LOL.

Plumpcars
19-07-13, 09:35 PM
6500 posts almost in just a few weeks. For a new forum starting from scratch that's pretty good going.

Russ D
19-07-13, 10:44 PM
Get the tech threads up. The more the merrier. There's a strong membership base here now and it just needs to grow. I'm pleased to be at an open minded forum that doesn't have the politics and baiting.

Amen to that.

spanners
19-07-13, 11:02 PM
its a nice friendly fluffy place with no real fighting or back biting ,,yet,, and thats how and why i like it

Dr.Feelgood
20-07-13, 05:15 AM
Confess I am a 'Creature of Habit' ... tend to gravitate towards old haunts (although less so recently), - but here is nice

There ARE only so many hours in the Day ... (however did I get the time to run a business for all those years ?)

Perhaps those school reports were accurate after all ? "MUST TRY HARDER..." :giggle:

ifan.miller
20-07-13, 06:30 AM
must admit it does seem a nicer place to hang out, need to get the workshop section moving abit more.

come on guys

Chevy Chaser
20-07-13, 11:19 AM
Rome wasn't built in a day - although Jason's shed was....................He don't hang about that boy.

Dr.Feelgood
20-07-13, 11:40 AM
further thoughts on this are : The Forum is nice, the folks here are 'my type' & well done to Si & Mods.

But I am getting the feeling my interest has been diluted (for want of a better word) by 2 Forums.
I'm struggling for inspiration for all-new threads, rather than just copies of those "over the road".

I don't really want to just re-post lots of old photos previously done on R&S, and get the feeling it's less photo orientated here anyway ?

I could be wrong ... (what do You think ?) - probably just me.

Silly Old Sod ! :incheek:

SG57
20-07-13, 12:12 PM
I suppose that Forums are the ultimate customer lead operation, whichever way the customers (members) go then the Forum will reflect that. It may be conversation lead, it may be picture heavy or it my just stay small and friendly. All you can rely on is that we will try to keep the Moderation light with no unnecessary closing of threads and as little interference as possible.

Rog.

fad15
20-07-13, 12:24 PM
further thoughts on this are : The Forum is nice, the folks here are 'my type' & well done to Si & Mods.

But I am getting the feeling my interest has been diluted (for want of a better word) by 2 Forums.
I'm struggling for inspiration for all-new threads, rather than just copies of those "over the road".

I don't really want to just re-post lots of old photos previously done on R&S, and get the feeling it's less photo orientated here anyway ?

got faith in you, John. There is always a new theme just around the corner. Give it time. The Bucket forum I mod and co run has less than 20 posts a week but I still keep at it in the hope one day it will get bigger.:tup:

Oh just noticed the status on my tag, says 'might as well be part of the furniture.....' what next I wonder!!!!

Dr.Feelgood
20-07-13, 05:18 PM
I suppose that Forums are the ultimate customer lead operation, whichever way the customers (members) go then the Forum will reflect that. It may be conversation lead, it may be picture heavy or it my just stay small and friendly. All you can rely on is that we will try to keep the Moderation light with no unnecessary closing of threads and as little interference as possible.

Rog.

If there's one thing I AM sure of, Rog - it's the Mods - the work in the R&S days was exemplary.

A difficult job - done exactly right.

cptpugwash
20-07-13, 07:39 PM

gonna had a few beers n try n think of a new thread topic

ps..it might have a few spelling mistakes