Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Trying to correct spelling mistake in title

Finally managed it.

As always thanks guys, just wonder/hope he keeps it up, a while ago he said he wouldn't mind working for someone like Don Schumacher Racing building Top fuellers, don't know if that's still his dream, I wouldn't mind visiting him in Daytona for 6 months of the year

Ian

Rats their headquarters are in Indianapolis, spose that'll have to do
    Last edited by Chucks41; 30-09-13 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Crap geography

Old enough to know better
    Simply Superb. That boy is going to go far mate..you must be very proud...

Yet again WOW!!!! See you on Sunday!!!!

Philip

Last edited by Gremlin1; 12-09-14 at 12:03 AM.

Settling in
    Brilliant Ian, you do make a good team,
    See you soon.

Dave..

Newbie (well to here at least)
    he's done an OUTSTANDING job on the old girl ! (the sort of stuff i wanted to do but didn't have the time, skill or money to achieve)
    by the way, i just found some of the documentation for the car (DVLA stuff from the re-registering)....pm me your address and ill post 'em down to you !

Quote Originally Posted by KerbyCrewGary View Post
    Simply Superb. That boy is going to go far mate..you must be very proud...
    I hope he keeps it up Gary, it'll all probably come to an end if he gets a steady girlfriend . I'll have to get him to more events so at least he can meet a girl who knows cars must come first

I am proud of him & must admit I worry that I probably come across as a boastful dad (my son can do this & that) which can turn people off, anyone who has met Jonny can tell you how quiet & unassuming he is but I like embarrasing him anyway.

Phil & Dave, we'll hopefully be at the A19 Diner next Tuesday.

Thanks for that Biff, I'll pm you, I think Jonny just gets on with the work because of the confidence of youth & no-one's said to him, have you actually thought about what you're about to do.

Ian

Site Team
    Be proud. Nothing wrong with that at all!

Settling in
    Definitely be a proud dad. I don't see anything boastful in your posts and Jonny certainly has skills that should put him in good stead for the future. I for one am looking forward to the next development.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucks41 View Post
    I am proud of him
    Ian
    And so you should be

Well Jon's just had some trials & tribulations with the Camaro, it had developed a drive train knock that was linked to speed, tried moving exhausts checking everything tight.
    Started to get a bit louder on the way home from the Whitby show, so he decided to recheck found a bit of play in the rear transmission bush & some scoring on the sliding yoke. Big thanks to Guy & Paul Grainger (KC's dad) for their help.
    Unfortunately it didn't cure problem so he took the prop to Durham & had it balanced, fitted it last night, I went with him on the test run, not as loud but still there, I noticed it seemed to develop a radial rock effect at about 70 under acceleration, said to Jonny it felt like an anti-roll bar problem.
    Looking underneath didn't see anything so I rocked the car side to side as hard as I could. BINGO Jonny noticed the third member stiffener tube weld was broken & actually separating from the ladder bar mount.

Anyway he's re-welded it, taken it out for a test run & all is OK so he's happy again.

Just goes to show even though we thought everything had been checked & you couldn't see the weld had separated when the car was sat you should never take anything for granted.

Ian