Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Settling in

tinas quick engine change

RIGHT SO TINA
    I killed me big end bearing on the cologne 2.8 and found a young lass who unfortunately had her victor rear ended so I brought her engine and seats the bigger and better 2.9 cologne ,
    when I got it home I cracked on and cleaned the engine painted and did various repairs like threads bolts snapped in so it was nice
    I then thought to get tina in the garage so I can check the engine fitted fine as theres the extra two belts to drive the waterpump if the alt belt snaps... and guess what it wouldn't bloody fit its was 1mm with the rad pushed forward before it hit the fan so I then thought to play it safe and cut into the void area that the cortinas have, I could also reuse my old fan brackets just had to cut them down and make another one, with the hole cut I made a strengthener bracket to help with the hole i cut and then it went from a engine bay tart up to a full on rebuild so any welding that was needed I did and I knew one area was done with banana skins so I did that
    hope fully the photos are in order

Settling in

Settling in

Last edited by lambretta_ash; 14-02-14 at 12:34 AM.

Settling in
    ALSO FORGOT TO SAY I

got it all down to bare metal with the wire brush on the angel grinder yes angel image doing that with rubbish nitro mor or any paint stripper which I now don't bother with as now work
    and I even got the undercoat off aswell as that was getting shabby and flaking so it wouldn't of been long til the water got behind and started eating away at the metal

Settling in

A BIG WELL DONE ON THE UPRATED PHOTO UPLOADING ASWELL :TUP:
    Last edited by lambretta_ash; 14-02-14 at 12:49 AM.

REV JIM RACING.
    Looks good mate..keep at it..

OMFG I CAN CHANGE THIS!11
    looks very good !

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Think when you get it out the garage and in daylight you might find your colour match to be a bit off

Tin worm is a complete bastard but now you have done that you must be well pleased, nice work

Settling in
    Oh yes so much pleased I knew about the corner one when I did car first time but didn't look to bad for me to do it then plus i wanted her on road ASAP lol
    She's all lacquered but the servo and bracket has reacted think I melted it got to hot but for me not a prob flat back and reapply

And I think the match not to bad ......if your colour blind

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by lambretta_ash View Post
    Oh yes so much pleased I knew about the corner one when I did car first time but didn't look to bad for me to do it then plus i wanted her on road ASAP lol
    She's all lacquered but the servo and bracket has reacted think I melted it got to hot but for me not a prob flat back and reapply

And I think the match not to bad ......if your colour blind
    Even colour blind must notice the difference between Metallic purple and bright green Did Tina start off as a 2000E by any chance? The wife had a 2000E auto back in the mid 80's, great car, loads of fun and nearly indestructable (got stolen and I recovered it complete with theiving scrote at the wheel, had an engine fire that the fire brigade had to come and put out and the side was taken out by a steel column but it still carried on for a couple of years after that) Can't remember what we did with it in the end.