Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big scale ?

Might as well be part of the furniture. hurtz's Avatar
    I know it`s not a car but I`ve just bought this .a 1/9th scale Manx Norton looking forward to building this when I`ve finished some of my other models

wot no beard

I built one of those many years ago.
    Working suspension if I remember right.
    Will super detail really well.
    You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Hemi, and that's kinda the same thing.

My mate built the Commando, another nice kit.
    They looked good displayed together, I'll have a look and see if I can find some pics.
    You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Hemi, and that's kinda the same thing.

cool well impressed with the parts in the kit as you said working suspension as well as some other parts looking forward to building it
    wot no beard

Time to blow the cobwebs off this thread & my models lol.

These are my long stalled 1;12th 57 Chevys.

As I've been married for 20 years this month, I spose I'd better try & finish this as I started it before the wedding !
    The late Roy Smith provided his 57 Chevy 4 door coupe for the day & very nice it was too.

I filled the 2 door lines & re-scribed the 4 door lines. Don't how how accurate they are ? Sprayed with as close as I could get with Halfords paint, though its got marked in storage & 3 house moves. Hopefully the marks will compound out.
    This has the 283 F.I. as that the only stock set up the kit comes with. And yes, those valve covers will be re-done

The other 1 started as a replica of Paul Cravens 57 after seeing it in Classic Amercan, thought it looked the mutts nuts. Unfortunately Halfords didn't have such a good paint match & its a lot lighter than Paul chose. Its changed along the way over the years, tho still not built !
    I built the kit 283 as hopped up but Ive now got a 427 from a Corvette, along with the seats & bits from the Camaro. I've just sourced the large diameter wheels & tyres from the Foose Edition Camaro (post pics when they arrive), so now thinking of a more modern Pro Touring look.

There is also a 3rd kit, that's planned as the Junior Stock 57 of Bob Lambeck.
    The 302 with duel carbs & headers from the Camaro will be used in this, with Cragars & slicks.

Its a real shame that Revell don't update the parts on their 3 Yank 1;12 kits, as many of the parts are really dated now. Hopefully the Foose edition Camaro will be the start of wheel upgrades ect ?
    Last edited by 57peppershaker; 11-06-14 at 04:50 PM.
    The doors open, but the ride it aint free.

I just finished the Manx Norton. I was hoping to finish it for Fathers Day , but because I did n`t I took dad down to the pub..i will give it to him next week when I take him down the pub ,as I`m just waiting for a display case for it .here`s how the Manx Norton looks

wot no beard

Hey hurtz, top job there mate, looks the biz
    How did you get on with the final drive chain, a fiendish rubbery strand with a mind of it's own I seem to remember....

yeah your not wrong there .i had it over the swinging arm and it kept figure eighting all the time .had to pull it tight to try and get it over the rear sprocket otherwise it twisted on it` s self .i thought it was just me
    wot no beard

Might as well be part of the furniture. fad15's Avatar
    Nice

I think I have one of the 1/2th chevy kits up in the loft...
    Last edited by fad15; 23-06-14 at 06:08 AM.
    Hand built... the ONLY way.

You been in ya loft yet Fads ?
    The doors open, but the ride it aint free.