Page 152 of 164 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1636
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Krap.
    Another great one gone ; RIP Daniel Sexton Gurney.

nice piece on the BBC
    some facts i did not know and the announcement by his family was very touching.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/42688070

of the Croydon Teds
    As lives go, that was one pretty well lived. Was there a form of motorsport that Mr. Gurney didn't indulge in? And if I'm not mistaken he was working on designing engines pretty much until the end. Yes, I think a life like that would do for me quite nicely.

still got mine.

Dont know about over there, but over here, when Car & Driver - and car people in general - were trying to run Mr Gurney for President, there was a move amongst Lotus and other Britcar folks to propose Jim Clark for PM. AJ had a photo of a banner and a sticker on a 65 Mustang as I remember... Both would have undoubtedly done a better job than those we were both saddled with.

Old enough to know better
    ^^^ Amen to that ....

Happy Waitangi Day y'all!

Been listening to a little Raglan Radio and The Sound whilst stirring up a 'Pav' and wishing for some L&P.
    Just heard from my ol buddy and its almost 90 there...its almost 20 here...

Old enough to know better
    Stay warm John ��

OK, no disrespect meant to any who participate, or are interested in, modern / current 'professional' racing, but I basically would be hard pressed to care any less about any series/type i know of. Just not interesting to me. However, a friend just sent me this link to some pics from a recent nhra race in Phoenix, and thought Id share em - really great photos imho. Glad everyone seems to be ok...
    http://markjrebilas.com/blog/john-fo...-nhra-phoenix/
    Last edited by malamute john; 02-03-18 at 09:59 AM.

spectacular pics there mj thanks for posting
    this crash actually made the news sites here in the UK
    its a bad day at the office when you nearly get burnt and smashed to death and cause $$$$$ damage to your motor
    and then apparently he received an almighty bollocking from the other driver !.

OH! hey... a little off topic, but thought this was really neat -

The Breakfast Show That Never Was!

Very early on March 3rd 1968, Roger Day was up and about preparing his breakfast show and not taking too much notice when a large boat came alongside the Mi Amigo. But within minutes, the new arrivals had taken Caroline off air and were preparing to tow the ship away.

Roger stayed with the station after the Marine Offences Act came in to force, but Caroline's income had been decimated so that both ships Mi Amigo and MV Caroline were eventually seized for debts.

It has always troubled Roger that he was unable to send his show, but now, fifty years later to the minute, he will.

Join Roger live from 5.30am on Saturday 3rd March to finally hear 'The Breakfast Show That Never Was'.

Update: Despite the inclement weather Roger says 'If Harold Wilson couldn't stop me a drop of the white stuff won't. I'll be there.'

Looks like the photos didnt 'cut and paste' with it for some reason when I lifted it from Radio Caroline site. Anyway, thought this was neat; if you might happen to be up at that obscene hour of the morning, might be fun to listen in. If us old folks can stay up that late [here] I plan to...
    Last edited by malamute john; 02-03-18 at 03:37 PM.