Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169
Results 1,681 to 1,689 of 1689
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    seems to like that shade of blue
    Last edited by wannaB; 28-02-19 at 06:39 AM.

ya know Mr Rossco, whilst I am not much of a clapton fan either, one must admit that the musicianship in the clip you posted [and the studio cut] is vastly superior to Marleys - tho the background vocals surely arent...- there are some things that just simply should not be done. No one should try and cover 'Stairway' for example. Or Free Bird. Or dozens of other tunes. This is one of those ; only Bob can do it imnsho.

here is a good example tho of what you were talking about...

or this one...

Last edited by malamute john; 05-03-19 at 04:33 AM.

Speaking of musick....

My buddy Little Dave just left the suburban ghetto, leaving these for me. Seems Dave just recently rediscovered some old concert flyers he had stashed away from bitd ; took a couple and had good quality reprints made on heavy stock paper. Thought I might like em...I do! Thanx Dave. Thought maybe yall might enjoy seeing them. " Brought to you by Concerts West and KAKC. Tickets available at Carson Attractions..."
    Last edited by malamute john; 05-03-19 at 04:16 AM.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquee_Club
    http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image/led-zeppelin-1968-0
    Strange thing when you were part of something that would become so big and you were totally unaware of it at the time. I used go to the famous Marquee Club in Wardour Street frequently on Saturdays to see various bands and other nights to see some of the upcoming bands. One of these bands in 1968 was Led Zeppelin on their UK tour. Don't ask me anything about it - I can't remember (and its not cos' of the saying - I you can remember "you wern't there" (indicating loss of memory due to ingestion of narcotic and other mind altering chemicals) - It was such an unpleasant experience - firstly the queue to get in the place (which went around several blocks) to what seemed to be thousands of people being crammed into such a small place. No ventilation or a/c, everyone was smoking so the atmosphere was almost unbreathable with the walls running with condensation. Still I was there - much like I was "there" a year later at the Hyde Park open air concert - I strangely remember Jagger of the Rolling Stones more for his wearing of what seemed at the time a girls bouse or top more than their music - I remember the wonderful voice of Richie Havens clearly........can't remember King Crimson being there - can remember when they played at our local community hall much about the same time....
    Last edited by roscobbc; 05-03-19 at 10:54 PM.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    This really should have never happened
    https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=3a...MVM1c_3Licm2KI
    This certainly should have - and did happen........incredible!
    https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=DX...MVM1c_3Licm2KI

Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    This really should have never happened
    https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=3a...MVM1c_3Licm2KI
    AAARRrrgghhhh... WHY did you do that to me?!?!?! Some things just cant be un-heard...
    Spent the next 5 hours plus listening to King Crimsom and early Yes to try and give balm to my auditory function.... [ I'm in a progrock mood here this week]

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Quote Originally Posted by malamute john View Post
    AAARRrrgghhhh... WHY did you do that to me?!?!?! Some things just cant be un-heard...
    Spent the next 5 hours plus listening to King Crimsom and early Yes to try and give balm to my auditory function.... [ I'm in a progrock mood here this week]
    Yours is no disgrace..........

Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    Yours is no disgrace..........
    LOL!
    Ironically, and you can believe it or not, but its true, that very tune is emanating from the harmon kardons as I read that / type this. That synchronicity thing shows its face yet again!

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    A "roundabout" way of saying "I"ve seen all good people" "Close to the edge"