Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My 67 Camaro

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Lovely car!.. when are you putting the Blower back on?...
    then again, maybe not! how the hell do you stop it with those tiny front drums? you must have a hydraulic right leg... i'd put a parachute on it as well if I were you (hmm, wonder what the police would say if they saw you do an emergency chute stop on the M1).

Newbie (well to here at least)
    What a great car,i remember this one from way back and it's good to see it's still looking good today.
    Last edited by speedepop; 14-07-13 at 09:25 PM.

Site Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
    Ah that car brings back happy memories of a fine chap. Good to see it looking so fine.
    I'll drink to that Paul!

Rog.

Grumlins For Tea!!
    Somewhere Between 1975 & 1985 but mainly in Wakefield
    I just kinda wish id have had the pleasure of meeting Mick, sooo many questions. And appologies to Rog for throwing so many queations at you when i first got the car a few years back, but i guess your as close as it gets now. Thanks.
    Russ.

NB got a blower (thanks to Bry) and once my house is finished itll get done, its coverd up an on the shelf, needs a bit of work an a few parts. As for the drums, kept in good condition thers no reason they shouldnt do the job. They get stripped cleaned and adjusted. They were designed for the car and stopped it with the blown motor in driven and raced.
    Last edited by Russ D; 17-07-13 at 06:48 AM.

I guess its the same as Harley brakes, they work fine so long as you don't try to stick with your mate riding an R1.
    Good to hear a Blowers going back on It looked the dogs danglies with it. I look forward to hearing Blower whine and seeing your Camaro cruising by.

As I've said before, this is the first car I ever saw running a blower it was at the 78 (79?) knebworth Nationals, it's been one of my favourites ever since.

AWESOME.

Ian

Site Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucks41 View Post
    As I've said before, this is the first car I ever saw running a blower it was at the 78 (79?) knebworth Nationals, it's been one of my favourites ever since.

AWESOME.

Ian
    Mick brought in two Superchargers, a regular one and a Magnesium one in late 1977 he had one and I had the other, I had the magnesium one because he was obviously going to polish his. I seem to remember that they were about 400 each, a fortune back in '77. Mine was going on a '55 Chevy before I decided to go to the US and buy a '57 Sport Coupe. Mick carried on polishing and fitting his supercharger and I sold mine and the '55 Chevy which became Gone Bananas.
    Going to a big show in Edinburgh Micks crank damper broke up (these days it is well known that a normal damper will not run a Blower but Mick was one of the first to use one on long distance road trips over here so there was no body to ask) but you know Mick, he used one of mine fixed it and still got to the show on time.

Rog.

Settling in
    sat in that many many years ago in another century.
    Always liked that car a lot

Always loved this car!!!! When is the blower being refitted???? Do you have the chopped bonnet????

Philip