Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Confession I like Teslas, I like the way Musk thinks
    Tesla is bigger money wise than Ford
    Generally the idea of super powered electric cars , is good , but that is only my opinion, Tesla is not top of that tree a good few are

The point ? Tesla lapped Nürburgring in record time for some class, Musk says more or less, Tesla are not in the business of custom building their vehicles.
    Fair enough
    This Tesla Plaid S video doing the lap got me thinking about the car generally,
    I wonder if others get the same impression
    Maybe I'm just being delusional
    It took me under 2 mins

Last edited by dirth; 12-09-21 at 11:33 AM.

I watched this and wonder why he had to lift off because he was too quick

Tesla's are fine but way over priced, then there is my point of view that the governments of the world have pushed the manufacturers down a route that I don't think they should have done, in my view the governments should have told the manufacturers that the use of fossil fuels will be banned by a certain year and it is down to them to come up with an alternative fuel for internal combustion engines that is fully synthetic and none hazardous to humans or the planet.

There are thousands and thousands of boffins and engineers in our world but the governments listened to a few that they hire who said ev's was they only option, without looking at the carbon foot print of each vehicle or possible alternatives that they probably hadn't even thought of that maybe a boffin for Porsche, GM, Ford or Merc etc. has considered.

Just my two pence, luckily the introduction of only ev's will not impact on me as I'm an old git and can easily buy slightly older petrol or diesel cars till finally peg it, might cost a small fortune in fuel but so be it.

Have to say I liked Tesla's to start, then realised that all the owners talk about is how fast the car can accelerate.
    This is fine for a few go's then the car just becomes another boring box.
    I have never heard anyone wax lyrical over the build quality or driving experience.
    As for the carbon footprint to build EV's...
    I'll stick with fossil fuel for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dirth View Post
    Confession I like Teslas, I like the way Musk thinks
    Tesla is bigger money wise than Ford
    Generally the idea of super powered electric cars , is good , but that is only my opinion, Tesla is not top of that tree a good few are

The point ? Tesla lapped Nürburgring in record time for some class, Musk says more or less, Tesla are not in the business of custom building their vehicles.
    Fair enough
    This Tesla Plaid S video doing the lap got me thinking about the car generally,
    I wonder if others get the same impression
    Maybe I'm just being delusional
    It took me under 2 mins

The car has no soul, got bored watching at around 2 minutes.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Can't even be bothered to watch.........Tesla's, irrespective of how quick they might be does anyone really give a toss. Its got to be like going out with that new girl friend, you know the type, they'll 'scrub-up' really nicely in what initially appears to be the latest fashion clothes but on closer examination will from Primart or Matalan. And the girl friend will look good from 10 foot but get a bit closer and you see the dodgy silcone and poor quality plastic 'bits'. You'd have hoped to have have a conversation with a characterful person but have to accept he/she are in fact brain-dead and lifeless.........