Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: My new ride

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Now we are getting a bit serious! Have you ran the current set up on the strip? would be great to see what the difference in real world situation would be.

Stock depth trans pan arrived and was fitted Saturday.

Now have 1.5" more ground clearance
    The pan I've just replaced had a stone stuck between the cooling fins on the bottom...to close for comfort!

Hope to take the rod to a RWYB later in the year to see how she goes in existing condition.

Finally managed to get box into the garage 350lbs.

Top off.

Eliminator block. 5 x 4 bolt mains modded oil ways, strengthened webs and screw in core plugs. Work of art .

Out for a run this afternoon. Two thumbs up, loads of smiles and a challenge from a chav in a Seat

Not much happening at the moment.
    Had a bad earth on the rear lights resulting in no rear right indicator and found when that was fixed had no power to the brake lights oops!
    Traced to the spade connector coming off the brake light switch.

Have ordered a new fuel cell in alloy as the current plastic one seems to be reacting with our unleaded. The top has sunk 2" and the sides are swelling.
    Trouble is the company are busy until beginning of November....another winter project.

Just sorting out colours for the new engine block was looking at Ford ST Lightning Orange.
    Is normal paint up to a block?
    Have been advised to spray base straight on the cast iron no primer, then clear coat.

Site Team
    I've used epoxy primer on a block/heads followed by colour with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fabphil View Post
    Not much happening at the moment.
    Had a bad earth on the rear lights resulting in no rear right indicator and found when that was fixed had no power to the brake lights oops!
    Traced to the spade connector coming off the brake light switch.

Have ordered a new fuel cell in alloy as the current plastic one seems to be reacting with our unleaded. The top has sunk 2" and the sides are swelling.
    Trouble is the company are busy until beginning of November....another winter project.

Just sorting out colours for the new engine block was looking at Ford ST Lightning Orange.
    Is normal paint up to a block?
    Have been advised to spray base straight on the cast iron no primer, then clear coat.
    Late to this as usual. Have a look at steve lang's post on painting an engine on the NSRA site. I found it last week so if I can search and find it you certainly will.

Sad loss of Mr. Lang but he is still helping people through his detailed posts on that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Late to this as usual. Have a look at steve lang's post on painting an engine on the NSRA site. I found it last week so if I can search and find it you certainly will.

Sad loss of Mr. Lang but he is still helping people through his detailed posts on that forum.
    Thanks for that.

Bit disheartened at the moment

Just got the car back on the road and the gearbox has lost all motion in Drive???
    Have checked oil, vacuum etc all seem OK so looks like trans out time

Do I bite the bullit and get a fully upgraded trans or just get this one fixed bearing in mind it will need a rebuild in the near future anyway.
    Car wont be back on the road this year!!! No A602 meet in September......

Have been advised to look at a TH400 as they are stronger than the C6 at the sort of power level the new engine will put out.
    At the HP level I'm hoping for (plus possible NOS action) I have been recommended a full manual valve body. Getting rid if the modulator and governor.
    The pain being I've just got a new Hurst shifter and brackets, B&M F type trans oil and billet slip yoke for the existing C6 box.
    None of this will be any use on the GM box!!!

I'm going to stop this thread now and continue in a new one in The Workshop. See you there.