Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: My new ride

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    PM sent with my contact number
    G

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Looking good, as to the trans leak, does depend on how much of a leak but I would suggest you do it now rather than break down somewhere out and about. To have it rebuilt wouldn't take long. (the only car I have had that caught fire was through a trans leaking oil onto the exhaust).
    The lurching would depend on what the box was built for originally ie. street strip action may well have a trans kit for sharper changes. Also what revs are you seeing when you select a gear?
    Uncle Fad could would be your man on this sort of thing. Not too far from you either
    The paper work I have with the car suggests there is a B&M trans kit installed but no other info.
    To be honest when I first got the car I just used to go every where in D so not sure about which kit was fitted.
    Something to look at next time I'm out in her.

The leak is only a couple of drips from the bellhousing and tail shaft.
    Didn't really want to take the box out before next winter.
    Last edited by fabphil; 24-04-17 at 08:34 AM.

May be the TV cable, if it has one. Had a guy come in last week with a 505 in a truck with HARD engagements and brutal shifts. Been like it since he bought it. TV cable had the clip for the adjustment ratchet missing. Did a quick 'mod' and he went away please as punch.

Do you have any info on the shift kit... there are many all with different springs, sep plate drilling's and new valves it almost impossible to ID what they are from looking at the valve body.

We always give the customer the info sheet and box and tell them to keep it at all costs.

REV JIM RACING.
    the leak is down to the seals shrinking..my glide has done it due to lack of use.

Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    May be the TV cable, if it has one. Had a guy come in last week with a 505 in a truck with HARD engagements and brutal shifts. Been like it since he bought it. TV cable had the clip for the adjustment ratchet missing. Did a quick 'mod' and he went away please as punch.

Do you have any info on the shift kit... there are many all with different springs, sep plate drilling's and new valves it almost impossible to ID what they are from looking at the valve body.

We always give the customer the info sheet and box and tell them to keep it at all costs.
    Have been through all the paperwork I've got and the only mention is "B&M shift kit fitted" no other info.
    The C6 doesn't have a TV cable.
    The vacuum modulator I've got is a twin input unit with a pink stripe, used on F100s and some Lincolns.
    Real Steel do a modulator with purple or green stripe but on the US forums they all recon to go for the Black stripe version.
    Gives a firm shift and is adjustable, usually used on trucks.
    Real Steel were closed today as its Anzac Day, must be owned by Aussies.

Double post
    Last edited by fabphil; 25-04-17 at 08:11 PM.

Site Team
    This is why I asked about the converter and idle speed. A converter stalls based around the weight of a given vehicle. Put that converter in a lighter car and it will stall at less rpm. This tends to give you a harsh engagement which can be worse with a high idle speed. So put a Lincoln converter in a glass rod and the stall speed will drop. I've set up a number of rods with 3000 converters and they have worked fine for the engine spec. but have also had a softer initial engagement. When you buy an off the shelf converter the advertised stall speed will be based on an 'average' vehicle such as a Camaro or Mustang so again in a lighter rod it will come down.

Bit more progress. Now got the black stripe modulator fitted.
    Started her up, all good so far.
    Then found out over the two years the cars been in the garage the grass strip up the middle of the drive has raised up an inch (root growth).
    Coupled with the deeper trans pan (1.5 inches ground clearance!) I can't actually get the car to the road!!!
    Have now got to hire a mini digger and scrape of the offending 100 of earth, frustrated
    Last edited by fabphil; 28-05-17 at 07:50 PM.

Wow I think with just 1.5" clearance my bum would be clenched at every ripple in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Wow I think with just 1.5" clearance my bum would be clenched at every ripple in the road.
    Looks like after all the hard work I'm going to have to fit a standard pan back on.
    Any one know if they do a cast ally pan in the stock depth for a C6. All the ones I found were deeper.
    The standard steel pan is 2" deep, the alloy one I have is 3.3" deep. All other alloy pans seem to be 5.1" deep.
    Last edited by fabphil; 28-05-17 at 09:48 PM.