Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
    Site Team
    Clever!

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Paul and Art pre "Troubled Water"...A nice preview of what was to come.

You don't get to hear much from the Sunshine Superman on this side of the great puddle, so...

And so to summarize ...

Like that Easybeats tune. Might blow the dust off the old guitar and have a go at some of that song

Wondered what it might sound like with a heaver sound and seems Gary Moore and Mr Springteen have covered it

Bowie did a version on his album 'Pin Ups' and it was the first version I heard. I'm not sure it's as good as the original but I do have fond memories of listening to it when I was a kid, along with his other earlier stuff.

The 'Space Oddity' album was one of my faves with some pretty obscure songs and lyrics. Loved this one.

And this from 'Aladdin Sane', probably my favourite Bowie tune. (He did a version with Marc Bolan on guitar as well)

Cool used to regularly pass a blue roller with blacked out windows in Gerrards Cross with the number plate *Bowie* not sure if it was him or not though

Just a random cruising tuning tune for whisking along too, down a sunny, dusty, straight highway in a dusty old black 4 speed hemi Challenger

Last edited by cptpugwash; 03-02-18 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpcars View Post
    Clever!
    Just seeing if any one was paying attention Steve.

Tunes not to most peoples taste's i'm sure, but just spent a few pretty interesting evenings going through the old record collection with an idea of putting them on Ebay, (been trying to sort the spare room out n getting fed up with moving stuff from a to b) and seems some old punk records are pretty sort after now! might even keep em! after listening to one single after digging the old record player outta the loft...sounded really good after listening to all the digital stuff the last few years

Thought it maybe worth a mention too if anyone likes them, but one pressing of Metallica's *Master of Puppets* is worth a mint! (worth looking into if anyone has that album hiding away)

Been looking on a site called *Discogs* if anyone fancies a look through their old records

Early morning post due to giving up smoking a few months ago n can't seem to sleep now!

Last edited by cptpugwash; 14-03-18 at 02:31 AM.