Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Our Willys

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Hope the contract arrives and is to your liking!!!! Then I want to see You, Ang, Jon and Matthew at the Diner with the Willys, the Camaro and the Lil Red Express Truck!!!! Magic!!!! Philip

Chucks

REV JIM RACING.
    Spot on mate.

What's in it..?

Heard this thing start up!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

Shook dust from the girders in the roof and frightened neighbours!!!!

Well done!!!! Philip
    Last edited by Gremlin1; 08-09-16 at 11:35 AM.

Hi Liam, I'm tempted to use a quote from that film and say "Stock Evinrude", coz it is out of a boat

I still need to order a few small bits. Paul Grainger and Daz Chandler loaned me the water neck till ours arrives.

The radiator & waterpump are just cobbled together at the moment to allow the car to fire and run to temp, I'm going to increase the hose sizes from AN-10 to -16, so'll need the rad fittings altering.

The engine was bought ex off shore power boat racer (non-salt water cooled) and then left with Paul Marston to build, Paul brought the engine up and stayed a couple of days while we fitted it for the first fire up. No exaggeration after the initial turning over to get oil pressure and prime the fuel she fired first hit on the ignition.
    It's a tall deck Dart Big M Pro block with Fully forged internals JE pistons 572 cu in, CR 9.82:1
    Dart Pro 1 345's cnc'd heads, Pacs valve springs Weiand Team G inlet, 1150cfm Dominator.
    Comp cams 0.726/0.714 lift, solid lifters, Scorpion 1.7 roller rockers, stud girdle.
    Canton 10 quart sump, MSD crank trigger, 5000 Stall converter, etc.

All this exits via the headers we built last year, when Phil heard it we had open headers. It was a little loud . Jonny stuck his head in the cab to look at fuel pressure just as I blipped it and said he couldn't see to read the dial

At least the exhaust are now on so the car is in stealth mode, you'd think it was a Prius

Theoretically the engine should be able to pull 7200rpm and have 800+hp and be able to take agood shot of nitrous but I'll be happy with mid 700's and foot brake launches

You can see from one of the pics there's a lot of paint missing from the doors, this is where we removed the graphics fitted last year.

Shame we didn't manage to get her out this season but at least I've got the winter months to get the paint sorted, going to try to get as close to the original clour as possible.

Roll on next year

Ian
    Last edited by Chucks41; 10-09-16 at 08:35 PM.

I saw the top hose and thought that's a bit skinny. Hope you manage to keep this one a bit longer than the last engine As for the doors, new paint would be good but if not enough time maybe some decals of a similar size to the last ones to hide it, only if time gets short, I know how quickly time flies and before you know it the new season is already here.

Hope to get to see it in the flesh at some point.

Saw this yesterday running around the compound with all panels on!!!! SUPERB!!!!

Very quiet and sedate, just like a Prius? MY ARSE!!!! Philip