Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Settling in
    made new sills

now your just about up to date
    Last edited by bully madhatter; 17-02-15 at 11:17 PM.

Settling in
    ive been playing around with the rear light's i really like them but im not sure if the cages suit the car

(im thinking maybe a slight french to make the drive's side flat rather than looking like they have just been thrown on )

i just picket up a Shrinker Stretcher so i made some bit for the rear shocker surround well chuffed for my first go

Settling in
    ive been trying to do the rear wheelarch's but i just couldn't get my head round getting them to look right (and found my self doing either think else in stead including filling back in the rear light i cut ) so i decided to get on with the fillin panal at the front

now all i have to do is make the other one look that good

with the success of the fillin panel at the front and the lack of plate to do the o/s i set to with the rear of the car/boot and wheel arch now i had an idea what i was going to do but didnt know if it would work (and might have gone horridly wrong) so i didnt take any photos as i was doing it the problem was that i copped the kit car rear end and the back of the chassis was too wide to allow for the back of the arch to have a nice flowing shape so i bit the bullet and cut the rear cross bar off trimmed the diagonal bars down put the bar back in 2" up and 2" further back made a new bar to protect the petrol tank (now more by good luck then any judgement ) i have more room for the exhaust to go under the boot the tank fits lower down and there looks to be more then enough room for the arch to go in now

Fashionably late
    I'm liking these two. Well thought out. Top job.

Chaley

Settling in
    im glad you like it as for well thought out ummmm

i thought as i had now got more plate i'd finish off some other jobs i started first job o/s fill in panel

tipical one job has led to another so i started on the firewall i made a frame up (forgot to take any pic's of it ) and also started on the plate to fill it

which lead to trying the pedal box for size now i know that there is enough room for the pedals (its tight but will go ) but the servo was another thing no room under the floor as there is only 5 " no room for it to go on the bulkhead as carbs are there so i have a metro set up i think at the moment it will go but we will see this now means body off,put the bulkhead in, try the pedal box in and see.if this dont work then it will have to be a remote servo under the passengers dash.

Settling in
    some of you my have Seen updates on the kiddy's channel but just in case update time
    mgb pedal box in

moved on to the inlet/exhaust manifold
    started with some 10mm plate and an old manifold gaskit i picked up a mk2 6 into 2 exhaust (at this point i didnt know if this was going to fit so i never took many pics on the first half )

first pipe fitted second one being cut up

on to the inlet manifold for some reason i never tock any photo when making this

more to follow soon

Settling in
    i started modifying the moggy minor floor pans i picked up cheap so i now have the startings of a floor

i picket up an overdrive gearbox made a new mount for it

i borrowed an english wheel from my mate and started on the rear wheel arch

the chassis plate for the rear wheel arch

made the turrets i made them so that they can be removed to give me room when the body is removed (i hope it works )

i trimmed the rear valance corner`s

Settling in
    finished the steering
    started with an mgb column cut and shut (removing the collapsing part of the outer column

the slot at the bottom is to give clear the clutch res
    cut a slot in the pedal box in between the clutch and brake pedal i got a piece of tube that fitted over the column and welded it in and put a new plate at the top two bolts of the pedal box

i got another bottom bearing from the scrapy and mounted it on the bulkhead ... new knuckle joint (mgb to triumph ) cut the triumph shaft to length and voila

finished the dash and fitted the mini heater

set to on the door repair`s
    o/s

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Liking both of these, so much work, where the hell do you get the time from, I have trouble with one project and that has stalled for sometime now.

Wasn't keen on the light cages, glad you refitted the metalwork. Having said that frenched in is good and if the cage idea is what you were after how about frenching the lights in and adding the cage over the top but following the original contour of the bodywork rather than a box cage.

Settling in
    n/s door

made the flip front up as it was only loosely bolted together
    now im a tight arse so when i cut the moggy minor floor up to fit in i kept the off cuts with came in handy for bracing up the wings

put some tube in to brace and support the back

re trimmed and shaped the wheel arch and put in a return lip

the bonnet still to be welded on but it gives me access to make things fit like the carb top