Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Settling in
    Wow i can't believe it's been over a year since I've updated this (you can thank Cornish Cream for sending me a pm for stirring me up) some of you will have seen /been keeping up with what's been going on on the other channel but if not here go's not in any particular order ................................................ when last we meet the intrepid builder had just beat the crap out of the rear quarter well since then i decided the b I v a is the way to go before to much needed changing so I've put front seatbelt mounts in (and I do apologize if I repeat anything but I can't be bothered to go back over all I have done it bad anuf trying to remember what I have been doing over the last year)

Modified a mini twin speed wiper set up and fitted in the roof

Finished the prop tunnel and bulkhead

Stripped it all down and finished welding in the floor fitted an antirollbar

Last edited by bully madhatter; 04-11-17 at 04:13 PM.

Settling in
    I've had a change of heart with the handbrake partly because I wanted to show what can be dun for the iva but also it wot I fancied I acquired an upright handbrake from kev I had to modify the release mechanism

Power coated all the suspension

Painted the chassis in under coat and as I cud get to the rear started putting the brake pipes on

Somewhere in the above I put a tube through the rear of the chassis for the handbrake cable before I welded the rear seat in

I have changed the petrol tank sender to a 12 v one

Settling in
    Rear suspension/diff painted and fitted

Made some buckets up for the bonnet hinges to bolt in

Stripped cleaned and checked the engine and gearbox out before painting

Settling in
    The head was just sat on in the last photo asI had it converted to unleaded just after (did a good job but when I got it back they had painted it all black including the push rod tubes not happy)I tried to clean them up with no joy so I removed them to try and clean them big mistake and I do mean big no matter how I tried they would not go back in so I made some new ones out of copper pipe now the old one's were 17mm and the copper pipe 15mm so I made up two slugs pressed them in the vice and with lots of jiggerypokery lots of swearing and scrap

And the scrap

There's more to come but me batteries dying
    Last edited by bully madhatter; 04-11-17 at 05:42 PM.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Nice to see progress. That's certainly more done than I have in the last year. Your next installment will be the finished article then?

Settling in
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Nice to see progress. That's certainly more done than I have in the last year. Your next installment will be the finished article then?
    I didn't know that there was a comedian in the house I've still have about three pages of pics to go but I'm getting there

Settling in
    Ok abit more for you with all the engine together and in I started putting it together or should I say squeezing it all under the bonnet

The rad was fun it took all the space I had...........take one cheap ali rad and cut the pipes off then re weld

I had to change the fan from a mk 1 to a mk 2 but it it

From there I moved on to the air filters again very little room to move so the smallest filters I could find and I still had to modify them by lowering them down a bit ,I put mgb bellmouth on to cover th hole

and a it's going for an iva heater pipes to a mini heater

Last edited by bully madhatter; 05-11-17 at 10:13 AM.

Settling in
    With that dun I set to on the colored spaghetti take one old loom strip it down and rebuilt to how it will fit throwing all unnecessary wiring in the bin

And well I was in an electricary mood I made a fog light set-up

That only left one thing to do
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTf3Yfvbrco
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=40s&v=JI9A4P_Oz5I

Settling in
    With the body now fitted to the chassis I finished of the boot lip and had a boot lid skin made as there's no room for a thicker one as the petrol tank framework there

I used locking bonnet pins to keep them flush and made some brackets of the old hinge mountain's

Now I'm going over things to make sure all is God for the iva by radiusing hinges

And will be fitting the front bumper to help with covering the front suspension

There's some stuff I will have missed but now it's up-to-date ( ish ) I will try and keep it going
    Last edited by bully madhatter; 05-11-17 at 05:17 PM.

Settling in
    a little update top rear seatbelt mounts now in

i have finished modding the dash for the handbrake

and i've now got front wheel arches