Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Cheers Bry, I've been really enjoying the work and its great to learn a few things to! And thanks for the comments guys, really could do with getting back to it but with I tiny garage and shit weather not a great deal of progress seems to have happened but hopefully I'll have a bit more done before Christmas.

Spannering away on the 55
    Bry you are a top guy.................

John

Progress has been made! A couple of weeks ago I secured a deal through Bry on a pre-x/flow and Cortina front suspension. Got it all collected and brought home Friday and just stuffed it in the garage. Saturday came and with no work I decided to have a look at stripping the engine down and ID it to find out if it was a 1500 or not...turns out it's only a 1200 since it has a 3 bearing crank but its still better than the 997! On inspection it seems to be a good little motor only needing cam followers as they are a little worn and bottom end shells. Hopefully there will be more progress on it soon!

hows the car coming along jake
    any plans for that engine

Its been a bit slow really, being busy and the cold weather has slowed it all down really. Keep meaning to order the parts to rebuild the motor and get some paraffin to hone the bores but I keep forgetting The plan really is to just rebuild it as cheap as possible, just so it looks smart and has a bit more umph than the 997, but if anyone has any tips to get some more power out of it on the cheap that would be great!

Well, Santa's been this morning and left me a few things for the Anglia. Got a gasket set so I can look about starting to rebuild the motor, and this red 'flake steering wheel. So when the weather gets a bit better I'll hopefully get something done!

cushty stick with it youl get there

Made a bit of progress on the car over the past couple of weeks but with the cold and wet weather it isn't much. I've finished off painting the underside and got the front end stripped of to look at fitting the Cortina struts. They will need a bit of modifying but should be spot on! I sent the block off to see about having it bored too today so it should be great little motor when its done.

Sipped the top ends of the struts today. As the springs on the Cortina struts are too big I plan to use the Anglia strut tops, springs and spring seats on the Cortina struts to gain the lower stance and disc brakes. After poking about on the Cortina struts abit, I found that there's not a great deal left of the spring seats on them and there was even less after I took the photo...

This takes me back a long way. You are doing what many of us had to do to get something different, use what we had, what we could scrounge and what we could butcher (sorry) modify to do the job. None of this "I'll pop to halfrauds and see if they have some wheels and tyres that will fit" or "can't do that as there is nothing that fits it off the shelf".
    Keep at it, it's looking good from here and I like your attitude.