Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Caravanning

Settling in

Caravanning

As promised a thread about rotten old caravans

This carlight was a lovely old caravan when I got it the owner wanted it checking for damp re insulating and painting and a few other small jobs doing

The roof was sagging it had been papered over to cover the rot So I whipped off the board and found the fibreglass was full of pin holes the glass was very very weak there wasn't enough resin on it in the first place So I took the roof off turned it round re glassed it and put it back on

Settling in

[URL=http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/henrynumberthree/media/Carlight/IMG_8181.jpg.html][/URL

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Combination of woodwork, metalwork and a few other skills. Brilliant. It must have gone through your mind to offer bespoke custom vans, surely.....
    Last edited by fad15; 07-03-15 at 06:13 AM.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    With all that work it makes one wonder how much the material and labour costs will be as compared with buying a new caravan!

Settling in
    Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    Combination of woodwork, metalwork and a few other skills. Brilliant. It must have gone through your mind to offer bespoke custom vans, surely.....
    Thats defiantly in the future

Settling in
    Finally started final re assemby on this

Settling in
    This is a 1967 vanmaster Its come in for a few jobs doing nothing really major its quite a cool caravan because its a one peice shell meaning it is seamless so quite unlikely to rot like all the other caravans ever made

At the paint shop

This caravan Didn't come with a gas box from the factory the one that on it was made of rotten old plywood so I made a plug from scratch moulded it then turned out the finished box there funny things gas boxes they all look the same but are all quite different in lots of ways
    im not a laminator and am just started learning laminating nut its really good fun to me

Chassis shot blasted and painted

Put a new framework in the bathroom celing around the skylight thats been leaking

Moved the bathroom wall to make it big enough to acomadate a toilet

Settling in
    This is a 1967 vanmaster Its come in for a few jobs doing nothing really major its quite a cool caravan because its a one peice shell meaning it is seamless so quite unlikely to rot like all the other caravans ever made

At the paint shop

This caravan Didn't come with a gas box from the factory the one that on it was made of rotten old plywood so I made a plug from scratch moulded it then turned out the finished box there funny things gas boxes they all look the same but are all quite different in lots of ways
    im not a laminator and am just started learning laminating nut its really good fun to me

Chassis shot blasted and painted

Put a new framework in the bathroom celing around the skylight thats been leaking

Moved the bathroom wall to make it big enough to acomadate a toilet

Settling in

REV JIM RACING.
    that looks smart.