Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!

Tales from the (not so very) fast lane ~ part 1

Well - If you don't like it, blame that Malamute John geezer - he persuaded me to put it to print on here. An 'early days' story starting with two wheels back in the good 'ole 60's when petrol was served by hand and equivalent to 25 pence a gallon (and that was 'old school' 4 star and even heavy duty TEL loaded 5 star). The first of a series of articles written originally for CCUK's 'closed circulation' Vette News. Apologies for 'frames' from magazine showing & Jake article. Images are library stock and not of actual vehicles (unfortunately no photos remain from then)

Last edited by roscobbc; 13-07-15 at 10:34 PM.

Old enough to know better

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Go ahead on and blame me! I'll take the credit...
    Thanx for posting - enjoyable read. Looking forward to more.

Site Team
    Great! Looking forward to reading this later.

Great stuff I can relate to more than one of those escapades having messed my face up pretty bad in a similar 'jammed in the front spokes' at speed escapade around 12 years old
    Boy we never learn do we? Anything with wheels or t!ts and it's gonna cause us problems

Great read.
    Looking forward to part two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
    Great stuff I can relate to more than one of those escapades having messed my face up pretty bad in a similar 'jammed in the front spokes' at speed escapade around 12 years old
    Boy we never learn do we? Anything with wheels or t!ts and it's gonna cause us problems
    at least y'all did so accidentally ; Ive heard of idiots riding their bike off the roof of their house...on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
    Lost both my front teeth in an over the handle bars incident when my Flares(1975) caught in the chain.
    Slid along the road on my teeth and hit an Austin 1100 in the front wheel, dented the hub cap.
    The guy came running out of his house accusing me of vandalising his car. When he saw all the blood he took me to hospital.
    All I was worred about was how to hide the damage to the bike from my parents, not my missing teeth.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Part 2 of 'Tales from the (not so very) Fast Lane - hopefully a bit later!
    Last edited by roscobbc; 18-07-15 at 04:18 PM.