Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    2,969

    Movement on the T. Things are getting done

    After 2 days hard work there is distinct progress on the T. In celebration a bottle of the red has been consumed so a report later....

    Ohh look there's a Bud in the fridge
    Last edited by fad15; 15-08-15 at 08:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brough/Hull
    Posts
    3,666

  3. #3
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    2,969
    After a while siting in the garage I had to pump up the tyres and was not looking forward to the obligatory flat spot vibration, but it never happened, well at least up to 55mph on the A frame.

    Been sort of dreading fitting the rear calipers 'back' on but after 6 hours of trial and error, bit of fettling and discovering there is a sequence to fitting them that rivals a rubics cube, they finally found a home on the diff. All was good but because I wanted the balance pipe at the top, to stop any chance of damage it meant the bleed nipples, all 4 of them, were now at the bottom.

    Arron, my late buddys son and the owner of the 24 Tourer now works at STA and he has been pushing me to finish the T for ages now, came in to help me out. I could see that it would be a case of removing the calipers, turning them upside down and bleeding them. No mate, said Arron, we will bleed them where they are. At 25 and with enthusiasm brimming over he is just like his dad was all those years ago. OK, if you think it will work, we will have a go. 45 minutes later and with the help of the air line being held against the breather hole of the reservoir the rears finally locked solid. Job; Jobbed, then.
    I also refitted the diff hand brake disk and connected the cable, so i can stop it from rolling all the way down the drive.

    I also finished up the transmission by fitting the speedo drive, new tailshaft housing (the other one got scratched badly), modulator and vac pipe, put on a new chrome sump that was donated by Vanmatics. (thanks Jay).

    That's was 2 days work and the T will be heading back to my garage on Monday.

    Some pics.

























    So now you know what these were for. They are the brackets and spacer for the calipers. Made from a thin plywood master the holes were almost exactly right. Just needed a bit of easing on the edges of two of the brackets to get them to fit.


    G
    Last edited by fad15; 19-07-15 at 06:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Old enough to know better
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    2,209
    Great stuff Gerry.........serious progress

    And think how much you've saved in Merlot whilst you've been skinning your knuckles.

    And, I'm sure you've been told this many, many times......but the rear end of that car is the best I've ever seen.

    Except Kylies, obvious

  5. #5
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by KerbyCrewGary View Post

    Except Kylies, obvious
    With you on that one.. Oh and thanks for the TU on my rear, as well

  6. #6
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brough/Hull
    Posts
    3,666
    Really glad to see this coming along now as I absolutely love this style of bucket and this is going to be one of the best (if not thee best) of its genre. One thing I hadn't noticed before was those neat little indicators (I presume?) blended into the tub. Simple and quite brilliant

  7. #7
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Outside the M25
    Posts
    929
    Well done.
    A lot accomplished in two days.

  8. #8
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
    those neat little indicators (I presume?) blended into the tub. Simple and quite brilliant
    They are the rearlights, brake lights and indicators all in one. I made the light units using lots of LEDS. never done that stuff before, diodes and the like. Its was a learning curve but they work well.
    G



    Last edited by fad15; 20-07-15 at 05:16 AM.

  9. #9
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brough/Hull
    Posts
    3,666
    Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    They are the rearlights, brake lights and indicators all in one... Its was a learning curve but they work well.
    G
    I'd say! That really is a neat touch and keeps the lines simple.

  10. #10
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    2,969
    Toying with towing the T to the HRD, but its a long haul and not sure its worth the effort (and the 18mpg I get towing with the PT).
    I know you guys will say YES, but its a lot of effort and I want to watch the drags.

    I DO ramble at times but that's what a good forum is for... Bla Bla Bla.

    I blame the Port (dows classic)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •