Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    My thanks to a couple of true car nuts. Perry (V8 blown MGB) and Mike (methanol slingshot) came here yesterday to kick my ass and see whats what with the T. While Mike and I went through the wiring and MSD stuff Pel was already taking the throttle bodies off and sussing out the next steps to getting the HO fired up. Course we picked one of the two days when it pissed down, after all the sunny ones we have had over the last few weeks. To compound that its nice and sunny again today.

I talked, they listened and then suggested I do need a kick up the bum to get this all sorted out, anyway its looks like everything is in place and only needs Pel to time the dizzy, help me to put the EFI back on, purge the fuel system and hit that switch.......

Couple of minor problems sorted out. Now I have a few things to do. Fuel tank to be internally coated (just to make sure), clean up the TBs, run the feed wires to the starter and its solenoid, connect a couple of wires from the MSD, squirt some stuff down the bores and maybe turn it over to get some oil around it.

Sorry guys for no Jafas, but I had bacon and sausages ready for a munch; then asked you, when your were too pushed for time. Next time the Pizzas on me. Sorry
    G

Last week ready for a trip to the nats. Quick wash and brush up.

Last edited by fad15; 15-08-15 at 10:05 AM.

Excellent news Gerry, slosh loads of oil around and get that baby running. That will be a massive boost.

Is sloshing Merlot around, acceptable. Cant get the alloy black off my fingers from cleaning the TBs. Trying to get a finish that at the moment is eluding me. production paper, wire wheels, flap wheels all sorts and still not what I want. Im after a shinny matt finish, if that makes sense.

Second time of writing this, not sure what happened to the one I did this morning.

Anyway, merlot is only good as a flushing fluid, you need something a little stronger than that so maybe some Jack Daniels, a bit pricier I'll grant you but far better for the motor.

As for dull shiny, how about having a word with your powder coating friend, I have seen a "chrome" that might just be what you are trying to achieve.

Cant take the TBs apart as they are factory set and Kinsler say its an 'art' to get them right again, so powder coats not a goer. Otherwise as you say Chrome PC would work a dream. Just been wire brushing them with a small plug cleaning brush... sad anit it

As for JD, funny thing is I very rarely drink shorts.

On another subject; I am looking as using an Antigravity battery for the car. need to call them tomorrow and ask some questions but Mike with the sligshot thinks is the way to go after his little pack stated the rail over 10 times on one charge.
    G
    Last edited by fad15; 16-08-15 at 05:21 PM.

Will be interested in what you find out about that battery as I want the smallest one available that will start a big block but that can sustain been charged by the alternator as in a standard set up BUT like you my alternator will charge only when moving so need to know that if I was stuck in traffic on a dull day with the lights on that it would last an hour or so, unlike you I will be running a mechanical fuel pump so a little less strain on the battery.

I only drink shorts when ill, not that often and rarely drink the rest of the time BUT once a year I get rat arsed for 4 or 5 days at the Oktoberfest and it's not far off now wooohooo!!!

Thats a tuff one to answer and depends on how much you are prepared to pay. Best to call Paul at...

Get back to you with the number as I left it at work. A bit complicated to just roll out an answer. Starting a BB is not the problem, you need to know the draw (current) in amps for 1 hour at the worst scenario. Lights, wiper, ECUs rad fans, heater, radio, central locking, dash, anything that draws a current etc etc.
    Last edited by fad15; 17-08-15 at 07:47 PM.

Settling in
    Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    Is sloshing Merlot around, acceptable. Cant get the alloy black off my fingers from cleaning the TBs. Trying to get a finish that at the moment is eluding me. production paper, wire wheels, flap wheels all sorts and still not what I want. Im after a shinny matt finish, if that makes sense.
    use one of these they don't last long buy a few they are used to cut a layer off the top of the metal without leaving deep scratches le sand paper or wre brushes

you will need a variable polisher buff and an arbour to ft

http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.co...ng-mop-fine-6/

then for a shiny matt finish use a lose fold mop and ths compound

http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.co...-wheels-8-x-1/

http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.co.uk/aluminium-brass-alloys/
    Last edited by Henrys Revenge; 17-08-15 at 08:40 PM.

And now the new antigravity battery. 360 amp cranking.... 13 amps capacity which is not a lot but should keep the T running for an hour without charge.

Last edited by fad15; 18-08-15 at 06:33 PM.

Hey! Whats that I see on your laptop screen...?