Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    REV JIM RACING.

The dead dog garage.....

So...
    4 years ago me and the better half bought a new gaff with the idea of her being closer to work/family,and me having somehere to have a garage to store the rattlebanger..after a few jobs on the house being her conservatory/diner we decided it was time for my job.

....with another addition for her..im good like that.

plan is to store the trailer and car in the garage,having a crane on a beam so i am able to lift the body off the car on my own.

after planning and sorting out stuff with the council it all got approved and signed off
    upon having some really fantastically extortionate quotes we settled on a family friend to do the work as we were due to go to spain part way through to throw wine at each other (top fun)

so one morning these turned up and the keys hidden from me...

new drains and the footings were dug in mucho rapido time,the drive roughed out and piles of mud deposited where i didnt want it.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Now thats a dream in the making...........................

Old enough to know better
    I'll watch this one with interest.....

And, of course, if you need a nice shiny kitchen for herselfs bit, you know where to come, dontcha? (very special prices from top trade kitchen supplier for impoverished dragracers.......

REV JIM RACING.
    Gerry ....absolutely..

Gary.... thats the next job...i will bare you in mind.

Back to the chaos,

this is how we left it when we went to spain,building inspector checked it and passed it
    The brickies arrived and got on with it and are doing a stellar job only passing comment on a nasty pong coming from somewhere (not me i hasten to add)

lost my car for a while too,when i found it the birds had expressed their feelings for it...

Last edited by Torment; 22-07-15 at 08:51 PM.

Proper job.
    Makes my garage look like an old shed now

REV JIM RACING.
    No way phil,i contemplated a wooden garage as they really look ace ,BUT....i was limited on space and it wouldnt have suited the house where as yours looks the part in its setting.

a friend of mine has an oak garage thats f'in huge and its like a proper cathedral with a loft you could live in but to me its setting has a lot to do with the style of build,which is why i have asked for a vaulted roof space with no trusses as i can hopefully store the funny car body out of the way up there.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/index.php

this ^^^^^ has been a great source of inspiration as has having conversations with roger (SG57) one phrase sticking in my mind was "if you cant go outwards go up"
    Last edited by Torment; 22-07-15 at 09:34 PM.

That looks great! Wish I could build a nice detached garage myself...
    I assume that the alluded to offence to the olfactory must have come from a poor, previously buried canine carcass given the title of the post [?] Poor little fella...

REV JIM RACING.
    Nail on the head john....only it was huge...it was very well wrapped in plastic,therefore making natural decomposition a non starter so it turned to a liquid mush.
    first thing i knew about it was the pong when i got home from work and the builder told me about it..
    Anyhow more progress has been made yesterday and hopefully more today ..

The smell has now gone too...

Site Team
    Custom built cave, proper job! I like the thought of going up.

REV JIM RACING.
    next thing loads of blocks were delivered promptly blocking the van in on the front garden,not good as i was due to be away in it so i had to move the lot over
    the brickies were left waving bits of string and tape measures around (my kind of engineering) and i came home to this...

the front face of the building was started with brick,

more done on the kitchen.

this bits going to have the shed...

Last edited by Torment; 25-07-15 at 04:03 PM.