Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Newbie (well to here at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumpcars View Post
    That says it all then.
    Apologies.

Credentials:

I've worked within television commercials for 5 years as an assistant director whilst persuing a career in film making myself.

You can find examples of my work at www.mryankey.com

Site Team
    Thank you.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    My conclusion with 'car shows' is that the producers/directors of shows do not have the faintest idea of the subject matter, nor even care. They just want to find the cheapest way of making a show. Hence if you are lucky they'll give you some mileage money for sitting around for hours doing nothing, getting bored and freezing cold. Generally your car will get damaged as they or the micro celebrities involved do not care about your pride and joy. Anyone seen my buddy Pete's '74 BB Vette featured in Car SOS with those Tim and Fuzz geezers on TV in the last few months? hair raising story of non-communicating producers doing things to a car that THEY wanted to do (for good TV) rather than things his mates advised the show should have been done.
    Last edited by roscobbc; 11-08-15 at 07:44 PM.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    My conclusion with 'car shows' is that the producers/directors of shows do not have the faintest idea of the subject matter, nor even care. They just want to find the cheapest way of making a show. Hence if you are lucky they'll give you some mileage money for sitting around for hours doing nothing, getting bored and freezing cold. Generally your car will get damaged as they or the micro celebrities involved do not care about your pride and joy. Anyone seen my buddy Pete's '74 BB Vette featured in Car SOS with those Tim and Fuzz geezers on TV in the last few months? hair raising story of non-communicating producers doing things to a car that THEY wanted to do (for good TV) rather than things his mates advised the show should have been done.

that'll be this Tim Shaw then,,,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Shaw_(presenter) interesting but maybe disturbing details indeed.

he should have put this up on r n s bound to be someone over there wants some glory,place is full of fucking morons

Newbie (well to here at least)
    Hi Rosco,

I'm not shooting a car show. The car needed for the shoot is used as an aesthetic tool to illustrate the impact of America on the television channel in question.

See yeah feeling better now Stretch

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeato View Post
    Hi Rosco,

I'm not shooting a car show. The car needed for the shoot is used as an aesthetic tool to illustrate the impact of America on the television channel in question.
    My comment was a generalisation - not specific to any one show (and not Car SOS) - just observations over many years of others whose cars were with agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by cptpugwash View Post
    See yeah feeling better now Stretch
    yes loads

Old enough to know better
    Just to add balance.....
    We came out of a pub one night to find a hand written note on our van (V8 cf) saying somthing like 'I'd like to use this in an advert, please call me....'
    It was actually for a promo ad for a drug company, I insisted that only I drove it. Spent a day, mostly sitting around eating free food, and got to drive on the Millbrook track, at serious speeds, and got about a weeks wages for the day.
    Jus saying......