Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    3,047
    Now we are talking



  2. #12
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    welwyn
    Posts
    1,651
    Only just looked in on this, nice idea and some excellent work done so far.

  3. #13
    ANDY S
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    TONBRIDGE KENT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Only just looked in on this, nice idea and some excellent work done so far.
    Thanks for that all the best Andy

  4. #14
    ANDY S
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    TONBRIDGE KENT
    Posts
    80
    Hello all I have finally got all my panels for the bus now so have started cutting the rot panels out making up new panels you cant get & started fitting the new panels so weather permitting it should be full steam ahead so here are a few pictures atb Andy.







    Last edited by ANDY S; 15-11-15 at 06:14 PM.

  5. #15
    REV JIM RACING.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    possibly lost....?
    Posts
    1,442
    This is a great build.one of my favourite vehicles.want one to tow my funny car..

  6. #16
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    This is a great build.one of my favourite vehicles.want one to tow my funny car..
    I have resisted a comment lol

  7. #17
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    832
    Great work going on there and so different

  8. #18
    REV JIM RACING.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    possibly lost....?
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
    I have resisted a comment lol
    go on mate hold it in..i know its killing you..

  9. #19
    ANDY S
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    TONBRIDGE KENT
    Posts
    80
    Hello all just a quick update I stripped the sump off to change the gasket & the lower part of the rear main oil seal rope but sadly the top part of the seal had spun half way around so I ended up removing the crank out a little as far as it would go to allow me to remove & replace the upper rope seal. The engine seemed to be in quite good condition after checking the crank & shells etc. So the engine is now back in & building it up again the bad running hopefully was down to 2 things 1.the carb float had a hole in it allowing fuel to enter the float thus not allowing enough fuel in hence why it run better on choke. 2. The vacuum advance diaphragm was no good & was split so hopefully will run better now. I have given the engine a good coat of good old WILCO ENAMAL paint I have got a new chrome rocker cover & side plate to go on but am waiting for the engine to be started up again so I can adjust the tappets etc. I have nearly finished the step but hasn't been the weather to do welding out side also the inner lower A post is in as well as the new floor support as well as the new floor section I haven't put the whole panel in as I wanted for it to look as original as it could be. I have also started to repair the drivers side wing here are are a few pictures enjoy atb Andy.














  10. #20
    ANDY S
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    TONBRIDGE KENT
    Posts
    80
    Hello all I hope you are all well I have dragged myself out to re start doing the bus again now the better weather was here!!!!!! . I stripped the passenger rear quarter of all of its nasty filler which took a good couple of hours to find various accident repairs over the years to find loads of holes where a slide hammer had been used which probably explains why the filler had cracked & gone funny where the water was getting behind it. So I welded all the holes up & tried to pull out the rear quarter as best as I could. Then I re made the lower part of the rear wheel arch & the lower rear quarter inner & outer panels & applied some filler to be finished off by the professionals. I then cut off the rocker panel from the old step as this is the same shape as the lower part of the front part of the rear quarter. I then braced the door aperture to give some strength to the shell while I replaced the door step lower inner & outer front door post. I also cut out the rotten floor to allow me to replace the front body support. I cut the floor carefully so I could make it look more original rather than welding the complete repair panel in. Here are a few pictures I hope you enjoy I will post some more pictures soon weather permitting atb Andy.









Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •