Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Now we are talking

Only just looked in on this, nice idea and some excellent work done so far.

ANDY S
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Only just looked in on this, nice idea and some excellent work done so far.
    Thanks for that all the best Andy

ANDY S
    Hello all I have finally got all my panels for the bus now so have started cutting the rot panels out making up new panels you cant get & started fitting the new panels so weather permitting it should be full steam ahead so here are a few pictures atb Andy.

Last edited by ANDY S; 15-11-15 at 06:14 PM.

REV JIM RACING.
    This is a great build.one of my favourite vehicles.want one to tow my funny car..

Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    This is a great build.one of my favourite vehicles.want one to tow my funny car..
    I have resisted a comment lol

Great work going on there and so different

REV JIM RACING.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
    I have resisted a comment lol
    go on mate hold it in..i know its killing you..

ANDY S
    Hello all just a quick update I stripped the sump off to change the gasket & the lower part of the rear main oil seal rope but sadly the top part of the seal had spun half way around so I ended up removing the crank out a little as far as it would go to allow me to remove & replace the upper rope seal. The engine seemed to be in quite good condition after checking the crank & shells etc. So the engine is now back in & building it up again the bad running hopefully was down to 2 things 1.the carb float had a hole in it allowing fuel to enter the float thus not allowing enough fuel in hence why it run better on choke. 2. The vacuum advance diaphragm was no good & was split so hopefully will run better now. I have given the engine a good coat of good old WILCO ENAMAL paint I have got a new chrome rocker cover & side plate to go on but am waiting for the engine to be started up again so I can adjust the tappets etc. I have nearly finished the step but hasn't been the weather to do welding out side also the inner lower A post is in as well as the new floor support as well as the new floor section I haven't put the whole panel in as I wanted for it to look as original as it could be. I have also started to repair the drivers side wing here are are a few pictures enjoy atb Andy.

ANDY S
    Hello all I hope you are all well I have dragged myself out to re start doing the bus again now the better weather was here!!!!!! . I stripped the passenger rear quarter of all of its nasty filler which took a good couple of hours to find various accident repairs over the years to find loads of holes where a slide hammer had been used which probably explains why the filler had cracked & gone funny where the water was getting behind it. So I welded all the holes up & tried to pull out the rear quarter as best as I could. Then I re made the lower part of the rear wheel arch & the lower rear quarter inner & outer panels & applied some filler to be finished off by the professionals. I then cut off the rocker panel from the old step as this is the same shape as the lower part of the front part of the rear quarter. I then braced the door aperture to give some strength to the shell while I replaced the door step lower inner & outer front door post. I also cut out the rotten floor to allow me to replace the front body support. I cut the floor carefully so I could make it look more original rather than welding the complete repair panel in. Here are a few pictures I hope you enjoy I will post some more pictures soon weather permitting atb Andy.