Thread: Rover P6 Rod

not what you think...

Rover P6 Rod

My mate's selling his Rover P6 rod - it's been sat in our yard for a long time.

I've just finished rewiring most of it. Along with sorting a number of mechanical issues with it.

The MOT has expired, and it needs a bit of welding to the driver side sill. The rest of it is solid enough for a 43 year old car. It's going in for an MOT at the end of this week anyway - not expecting anything more than a bit of welding to sort.

Here's his words:

1972 Rover P6 that has been heavily modified and now runs with a 3.9 Rover V8 on an Edelbrock 500 4 barrel carb. Running a 5 speed manual gearbox (lt77) instead of the original 4 speed and the car was originally manual from the factory. It was extensively restored and modified by a very capable mechanic / engineer during 2012, pictures of the build available on request. He also modified the inner wings to suit the 16 inch Wellar wheels that really make the car stand out. The suspension is all original in good condition and is a comfortable drive.

It has had many new parts and upgrades:
    Edelbrock 500 carb & choke cable
    New Starter motor
    New Electric radiator fan & auto temp switch
    New Water pump & hoses
    New Oil Pump gasket, Oil filter, Sump gasket
    Brand new, upgraded custom wiring loom with modern fuse box
    CAT 1 Alarm / Immobiliser
    Sony mp3 CD player, 4 speakers with custom amp and sub install in the boot
    Recent battery
    New carpet set
    New clutch master cylinder and braided clutch line
    Upgraded alternator & ignition coil
    Front seats are leather from a Fiat Coupe and are very comfortable. Rear seat is original cloth but I do have brown leather seats that I was going to dye black.

The satin grey & gloss black paintwork sets the car off well, and it also has tinted rear windows. It comes with lots of spares, mainly body panels, bonnet, boot, doors, wings and I have a set of chrome bumpers in good condition too. Also some random interior bits and original wheels too.

It does have a few small bad points. Some of the paintwork is starting to chip away in places, the worst being the boot lid. The odd bubble of rust now appearing on the bottom of a couple of the doors and a few of the little bits of interior trim are damaged slightly.

Its been fully re-wired this summer and is going for its MOT this week, the only thing I can see it will be needing is a patch on the drivers side sill. The rest of the under side was restored in 2012 and is still fine, its just the sill that wasn't welded at the time is now in need of some work.

3,750, but open to sensible offers due to needing a small bit of welding.

Newbie (well to here at least)
    Stupid question, but have to ask... Has this sold?