Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    You make it all look far to easy .

I've had the intention to do something over the holidays but can't get the enthusiasm.

Keep up the good work. The exhaust looks great.

I also had great intentions this break but all have come to nothing. This build is making me feel very very very slow.

Without going back over the thread, does this need to go for a test such as the BIVA, but for bikes, if so what are the biggest hurdles to get a bike like this through?

not what you think...
    Yes, it will need an MSVA test. Similar to the BIVA but for bikes. The full manual is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...sva-manual.pdf

Basically you need to have all of the lights, instruments, meet the noise regs (99dB), no sharp edges. All the usual sort of stuff.

Been wiring today, not much to show, but I did have to put a few bits back on.

Settling in
    Metalflake paint co used to make the exact paint that you need to get the effect you're after, it's not available now (health and safety) but I found this http://www.rogerscustom.se/produkter...Produkt_ID=137

Almost forgot Alsa Corp do a similar thing http://alsacorp.com/crystal-fx/
    Last edited by Epy; 30-12-15 at 10:20 PM.

not what you think...
    I've been plodding on slowly with the bike build. Inbetween the trike and Camaro

The wiring is done, and mechanically it's more or less finished. I've got a few small jobs done today - the sort that take ages.

Made the front brake line and the mount for the fluid reservoir and filled it up with fluid. Fitted the mirrors - no use for SVA, but they'll do for after. Made the push rod for the rear brake. Fitted the carb and air filter. Swapped the engine cover bolts out for stainless. Made all of the oil lines up. Fitted the rear brake switch and filled it with fluid. Mounted the speedo.

Just need to mount the idiot lights, and come up with a solution for a sidelight telltale for SVA. After that its just the tin work to finish off...

SJ, any more progress on this one. I know you have been doing the Camaro but this is tantalisingly close now
    Last edited by stilltrying; 19-03-16 at 05:23 PM.

not what you think...
    Hiya.... I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can do the paint. There's not really much else to do, other than the rear light and a few bolt on bits

not what you think...
    Back on with this again. Trying to get it painted before the weather turns too cold

Spent most of today filling and sanding all of the tin work for the bike. Rear fender took the most work, and there's still a bit more to do, but I find it easier to work off the epoxy primer as a base. I also re-shaped the front fender so that fits much better now.

Gave everything a couple of liberal coats of Lechler 2k epoxy, it'll be ready for more work tomorrow...

I also finally got around to making the brake/tail light lens which fits in the rear edge of the back fender. Still need to fit the LED's in it, but it's shaped and polished up.

SJ, Nice to see you back on it. What did you use for the lens? I need to make something similar for the front fenders on the T and was going to use clear glass fibre resin in a mould I will be making from the actual fender so it can be inserted from below the fender and be flush with the top/painted area.

not what you think...
    The lens is made from 25mm thick perspex - nice and easy to shape and work with. After cutting and then giving it a quick sand smooth it's just flame polished

I should get the LED's in it tomorrow and then I can put up some pics of how it works.