Might as well be part of the furniture.

As its almost a new year.

A good 1/2 hour of fun. Contrived but still fun. Freemont. Love it........

Good stuff, didn't even know that film existed till a year or so ago

I love the drag racing scenes in this film, the rest of it is a bit iffy.

Sad to say I've got American Graffiti on VHS, DVD and now Blue-ray, More American Graffiti on DVD and Blue-ray.
    All four vinyl double albums and American Graffiti Vol 1 & 2 on CD.

Was the sound track to my teenage years whilst all my school friends were listening to Led Zep, Deep Purple etc.

Who reads this drivel !
    How cool was that,
    Thanks for posting

I'm with Mr Fabphil here ; like the car stuff in '2' but could live without the rest of it. Especially my hero Milners death...
    Saw the original I dont know how many times - quit counting at 99 times. At a theatre... Have the albums and 8 tracks as well as cassette of the original soundtrack and the rest on vinyl. Have the VHS - none of that techie cd and blu-ray stuff 'round here tho.
    BUT...even tho the car stuff is cool, it drives me sorta nuts watching it. This is supposed to be December 31st 1964, right? Welll...Moroso valve covers on Johns engine? The Wynns sticker on his helmet is an early 70s design. Theres a big Centerline Wheels billboard behind the bleach box - didnt exist til the early/mid 70s. A 63 Plymouth rolled by with a Direct Connection tag on back...again, mid 70s. The 57 Gasser...tyres bigger than Top Fuel in 64. Smokey Ram intake - late 60s. A crewman in a Vega Funny Car shirt. That guy in the tiger suit hanging around the start line? Royal Pontiacs 'Mystery Tiger' I presume...who didnt come about til 66. As was the GTO shown at the very first outside the fence. Etc, etc, etc. May be a bit 'retentive' , but that sort of stuff really bugs me... [oh, and Wolfman Jack on in the middle of the day?]
    Thanx for posting tho - still enjoyable. And the girl from Iceland was rather much of a babe!
    Last edited by malamute john; 24-12-15 at 06:25 PM.

Settling in
    still cool to see though even with all the errors, first time i,ve seen it in 20yrs, i went to fremont dragstrip for the first time in july 1966 from that day on i knew i wanted to live in california & finally moved here wife & cat in tow july 1980 , we used to go to fremont every wed night , we were theer for the last drag race then it closed to build an automall of all things , they also had a dirt track there that ran 360 winged sprinters on sat nights , when i first moved here i went to see the grey 41 willys that was in ths film & the hotrod film they wanted $6500 for it. on the way to san jose in my mind i,d already bought it i wanted a willys so bad, when i got there it was a total piece of shit hacked everywhere the whole body dropped about 3 inches when you opened the drivers door best part of the whole car was a mint original grille that was held in with baling wire, i was gutted the guy asked me if i wanted to make an offer i said no thanks & drove home , vic hubbards speed shop just closed about a month ago , we only have one speed shop left here in the bay area now gottellies in south city & we want to go to the drags on a wed night we have to drive up to the wine country for sears point raceway, last time i went the staging lanes were full of riceburners wonder what ever happened to the A40 with the front end sitting on the ground in the pit area , had a lot of good times at fremont RAY A in sf