Page 323 of 324 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3238
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
    factory correct jack...

One of the DS's had, for a short while, a button on the floor for the foot brake, ordinary accelerator pedal, ordinary clutch pedal but a button on the floor for the brake, first few drives were a bit scary for both the driver and the passengers as you would take your foot off the accelerator and want to dab the brakes to take off a little speed and because you are used to the pedal been level with the clutch you press and realise there is no pedal but in your mind you think it has just sunk down to the floor a bit so next is a sudden panic of put your foot hard down at which point you hit the button and all hell lets loose with the brakes (really good brakes at that) and everyone hits the screen or the rear seats. As I say it was not a long lasting item.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    One of the DS's had, for a short while, a button on the floor for the foot brake, ordinary accelerator pedal, ordinary clutch pedal but a button on the floor for the brake, first few drives were a bit scary for both the driver and the passengers as you would take your foot off the accelerator and want to dab the brakes to take off a little speed and because you are used to the pedal been level with the clutch you press and realise there is no pedal but in your mind you think it has just sunk down to the floor a bit so next is a sudden panic of put your foot hard down at which point you hit the button and all hell lets loose with the brakes (really good brakes at that) and everyone hits the screen or the rear seats. As I say it was not a long lasting item.
    I'm sure my GS had a big rubber button on the floor instead of a conventional pedal

I could be WAY off here but I'm going with a late 70's or 80's built car now needing a transmission repair or upgrade at the place you sometimes help out at? If correct how times have chasnged
    Way back I never knew anyone who was into hotrods or custom cars, getting someone else to do works on their rides, now it would seem that people have aged and have more disposable income and can afford someone else to sort stuff out. There again could have been that everybody I knew way back when were just tight or skint.
    Oh if it is not at your works and is a new build just ignore me

Forgot to say, it looks cute

Essex?