Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Settling in
    Perry are you sure it's the keyboard and not the typist?

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Excuse me for just a moment please while I interrupt this thread again... but my Jaffa Cakes just arrived; MMMMM....good stuff.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Settling in
    Blimey!
    Where dd those 10 months just go?? Family, work and more work + a problem with the SBC oil priming tool i bought ??????

I'll Rewind a few months. The engine never made it to Pete Knights. Pete was a Diamond with me having delays. So I decided to push on and get the engine into the car when I had a free Sunday. The new engine cradle had to be cut to miss the steering rack. I bolted the tranny on and lowered the lump in. First problem was the starter motor. I had to remove it to miss the chassis. But when the tranny was fixed into its existing mounts and the prop dropped on. The new engine mounts sat directly over the chassis rails each side RESULT !!! When I added some spacers to make sure the engine sat level. I couldnt get the No8 plug lead on as the plug was facing the steering shaft. After many discussions with mates about fitting extra UJ's and making a new re routed steerring shaft. I decided to put 40mm spacers under the engine mounts Now the plug cap fits with 2-3mm clearance above the steering shaft Then i ended up working 7 weeks straight which was a bummer, but it paid for next years summer hols Then we got the workshop clagged up with jobs which meant the MGB got blocked in for several weeks. No biggie as I was working weekends again. But I did manage to get one of the new FG doors fitted which was a mare! I'm not looking forward to the other one? I was going to attempt the Lexan windows myself, but Doug Smith at MG Motorsport said he will do them for 70 each + vat. I just need to make card templates. I have cleared out a lot of wiring and piping I dont need yet, as I'm not using Nitrous until the car is maxxed out on the motor only next year. The new custom carbs from AED look the nuts I must say. The dual quad side mount linkage kit became a source of some amusement to the lads. I ordered the first kit wrong. It was the right kit for the carbs, but it had the wrong swivel mount for the inlet manifold. I had ordered a BDS manifold kit. So I went back on line to Jegs and ordered the correct kit for the SBC tunnel ram manifold. When I got to the payment page the pc froze. So i rewound a few pages and started again. I'm now guessing that most of you know what happened next?? YEP!.....TWO kits arrived

I now have a working linkage kit, and it only cost 470 for goodness sake ! But I have plenty of spares

I have now booked every weekend between 26th November 2017 and 20th Jan 2018 off to work on the car. So I'm hoping that the car will be fired up in Feb 2018.

Pics to follow when Photobucket wakes up???

Regards to all

Perry

Settling in
    Great to see (hear) progress Pel.

Evening Pel.
    Are you and the car back in the old workshop a few miles up the road?
    G

Settling in
    Hi Gez!!

I'm soon to move the MGB to another workshop in Fritwell for 6 months. Mainly because its free AND heated The MGB WILL be going back to the Tingewick workshop when its running so I can finish the body work next year. Who can resist a heated workshop in the winter eh?

Settling in
    I'm still trying to find those pics!!

Does ths work?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps8rlvrupf.jpg

Heated? Luxury; when I was young all we had was.......... Will try to catch up soon.
    G

Settling in
    My last comments on 22nd November 2017 were made during my mums ongoing and terminal condition.

Mum Died on the 10th December and we buried her 3 days before Xmas 2017 God Bless Her!

So nothing has happened with the move to the new workshop yet?

BUT!
    I may be moving to the new shop on the weekend of the 27th Jan if all goes well?

Happy 2018 to all you guys out there.

Regards
    Perry

Condolences Pel. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    G