Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Condolences on your loss, never nice to loose someone but worse around that time of year when the rest of the world is supposedly happy. Hope 2018 is a good year for you.

Settling in
    Thanks Big G!

The last several months have been hard work for me and Gill + the rest of the family to make sure Mum was looked after.

I havent seen you for ages mate, and we only live 3/14 mile from each other.

Do you still do the Friday at home While A pops pu to see family for the afternoon?

If so! I think you and I need to have a Friday meet up soon to talk cars Dude

Regards
    Pel

Condolences sir. Losing a parent is tough...but shes never gone as long as shes in your memory and heart.

Settling in
    Thanks for the kind words John!

Mum would be pissed off if she knew i was dragging my heels instead of dragging my car

Despite the fact that when she saw my vids she always asked why I had a hobby that was trying to kill me !!

My reply was always "Mum! I've tried Fishing, but the fish dont try to bite me back like the MG does"

Regards
    Pel

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    There is a song that Budgie used to play - a wonderful song but so, so sad and makes you think about lost parents that were with you for so long and are now gone............
    My own father died at the young age of 48 in 1968 - same year as my Vette was build. April this year its 50 years old............................
    Last edited by roscobbc; 26-01-18 at 11:34 PM.

Settling in
    Lovely Song Roscobbc.

Life has to move on though eh?

For the first time in 4 months i went to the workshop and spent an hour with a few cuppa's looking at the MGB again. I saw my list of jobs to do still sitting on the windscreen. I saw condensation on the brand new engine. I saw the roof of the car thick with dust....... I was with a mate who's Mopar 360 Ford Pop was also in bits. And we decided to aim for the Mopars at Santapod at the end of July ths year for us both to be back on track

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/mgb...tml?sort=3&o=0

Settling in
    Well done Perry, it's hard, but it is the only way.

Yellow duster, jaffa's, yellow duster, jaffa's and tea.

I believe that is the only way to get a car done, create a deadline date, really helps if someone else is in the same frame of mind as you will push each other along so to speak.
    We want video's of first start up's though so don't forget.

Settling in
    Thanks Gerry!

Life has gone to Hell in a handcart since losing Mum.

Things are now getting back on an even Keel though. I think I need to take a Friday off and come over to yours for a few bevvies and a catch up?

Pel x