Might as well be part of the furniture.

Plasma cutting in Hertfordshire or close

Been let down by a company that was going to CNC Plasma cut a couple of engine mounts I have drawn in AutoCAD. The company were way up North somewhere but after initially saying not a problem they are not answering emails or the phone.

The mounts are not big but I want them made out of 20mm thick steel plate. Both mounts can be cut out of a 150 x150 piece of plate and each one has a 41mm diameter hole in them.

Site Team
    Paul at Whengparts. Simply the best. http://whengparts.com/

Think I spoke with him at the nationals. He has a maximum of 12mm cutting capacity and would need to farm it out.
    I have his card somewhere as I thought if I can't find someone more local then at least he could get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpcars View Post
    Paul at Whengparts. Simply the best. http://whengparts.com/
    Yep. Used him for all sorts of stuff. Very reasonable.

Flange Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Think I spoke with him at the nationals. He has a maximum of 12mm cutting capacity and would need to farm it out.
    I have his card somewhere as I thought if I can't find someone more local then at least he could get it sorted.
    Can do 20mm now. In fact up to 35mm, should you be using steam power for your rod.

Bugger now you go and do it AFTER I get the buggers sorted, but at least I know now and can point others your way as I have seen your work and like it alot.
    For the future, what sort of drawings do you require, AutoCAD files? if so what sort of detail or is the back of a fag packet ok?

Flange Dealer
    Sorry, not been on the forums much of late. Can do up to 90mm now, including Aluminium. Autocad files saves me a lot of buggering about. Just need the outline. I can also do it from Fag packet sketches or templates, need outer dimensions, hole centres etc.