Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Part of the furniture

The Old Gits Thread ...

Not sure about You - but I'm certainly feeling my age recently...

Aches & Pains, trips to the Doc's, Blood Tests, tablets daily, etc.

So, - how's about a thread for us Old Farts ?

Jokes / Pics / Anecdotes / Groans, whatever...

* 'koff Liam
    Last edited by Dr.Feelgood; 28-09-16 at 07:29 PM.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    I'm basically fucked. Bad youth, bad things, but I enjoyed every single minute of it. Now going down to 3 days a week because thats all I have the energy for.

Money is no longer important, its time that's the important currency.

One thing is; that the mid 20s guy we now have, who can loose me on the modern stuff like diagnostics, mapping and shit like that, does give me respect and always asks for me to sort out the engineering stuff he is not too up to speed with. Got to give him his due, he listens, learns and logs what he has been told.

Apart from all that, the pensions are soon kicking in, so 'screw the world 'its my time now'.

And YEP, things ache, are stiff (not in a good way), boredom is now a highlight when looking at the media offerings we have thrown upon us via multinationals that have agendas, and the news is made up of sponsored crap and items to make me feel that I am obligated to give 'just 2 quid a month.....

I could go on for another 10K words but over to all you old crocks.

Part of the furniture
    "its time that's the important currency..."

Bang on, Gerry

That brings to mind a chat I was having - years ago - with a friend who had just sold his business, very successfully.

I said to him ... "you have a lovely home, a place in Spain, 2 nice cars ... but your biggest Luxury is your time is your own".

It's one of the things we can't go out and buy... And the perception of Time alters as the years go by, no doubt.

REV JIM RACING.
    .......Me...Never....Hi John.

REV JIM RACING.
    I can join this thread properly in a month.....I will be 40 then.

Settling in
    Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    I can join this thread properly in a month.....I will be 40 then.

40? You're a mere stripling. Bloody young people etc etc, lol.

Settling in
    I'm certainly feeling my age but have been through some health stuff in the past few years. On the plus side because I needed neurosurgery to prevent me from being paralysed I was offered early retirement from my job in the City back in 2010 which meant I retired five years early at 55. No more daily commute, sitting in an office with a bunch of very dull people or the stress of work itself for a company that wanted more from you for less reward. Although I am in some kind of pain every day my time is my own and a couple of years ago I managed to sell my house in SE London/Kent borders and buy a nice detached four bed house with big drive and double garage in Lincs for quite a lot less so at last a few quid in the bank.

And here's a piccie of me with my two old motors a couple of weeks ago, fat but happy!

I'm 27. And I feel I'm stuck in an awkward stage.
    I can't be arsed with young people and their fancy talk/fashion/reality TV shit. But I feel my aches and pains and grumpiness are only at the early stages to classify myself as old.

I'm 27. And I feel I'm stuck in an awkward stage.
    I can't be arsed with young people and their fancy talk/fashion/reality TV shit. But I feel my aches and pains and grumpiness are only at the early stages to classify myself as old.

REV JIM RACING.
    .....and your repeating yourself...first sign of agedness.