Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    It's this new fangled inter Web net thingy ma jig that the young folks are talking about. ahhhhh I'm going back to my cb radio. 10-4.

Simple answer is..... Just be your self with your aspirations, values and ideals, and FUCK the people who criticise them. You will probably become more balanced, responsible than all the other 'wannabes',. With that in mind and an acceptance of being different, happiness is so much easier.

Course this is an OLD GIT talking and you have every right to tell me to go screw myself.

G

Quote Originally Posted by young-morris View Post
    I'm 27. And I feel I'm stuck in an awkward stage.
    I can't be arsed with young people and their fancy talk/fashion/reality TV shit. But I feel my aches and pains and grumpiness are only at the early stages to classify myself as old.

Just read the last two pages but fucked if I can remember what the thread was about now

Old enough to know better
    That's because you've lost your concentration......

No idea why.......

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Its fantastic in many ways being an 'old git' - you can actually say things that you would once only think and get away with it. Oddly enough a fairly high number of younger people (like under 50) show you respect - they actually believe you know what you are talking about and are the font of all wisdom and knowledge! - and you know what, some of its true! Us old gits can tell what is wrong with an engine by the smell! - we don't need A/F meters for setting up carbs - we don't need them 'kin timing light thingies - we just 'know' without thinking, without looking what the settings need to be. Dodgy electrics, intermittent connections? - why banging the correct part of the car with the flat of your hand will do the trick. Grey power rules - we are are an ever growing sector of the population - we have power - see what many of us did with Brexit - come guys 'n' gals lets go and fuck things up a bit!
    Last edited by roscobbc; 29-09-16 at 08:43 PM.

Agree with Mr Rosco above...save one thing - dont 'fuck things up' a bit, lets STRAIGHTEN things out! The twits 'running things' now do nothing but screw things up further ; us olde pharts need to step back in again and rectify things. Old Guys Rule. [when we remember how... ]

sometimes when you are halfway through a jigsaw and you realise a lot of the pieces are in the wrong place you just need to throw it in the air and start again.

Part of the furniture
    Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    .....and your repeating yourself...first sign of agedness.

Part of the furniture
    Quote Originally Posted by young-morris View Post
    I'm 27
    I have Shoes older than You (and I'm not kidding)

Part of the furniture
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
    Just read the last two pages but fucked if I can remember what the thread was about now

just walk out of the room & come back in again ... that usually works