Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: T time

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    Who did he recommend?
    If you mean who rebuilt a 727 a while back I think it was someone who works at Vanmatics but I'm not 100% on that. It didn't take them too long to sort it out but this is a box they probably don't get asked about much nowadays, they are probably more into the modern 4,5,6,7,8 or 9 speed auto's but as you know they can sort just about anything and as I said the price was good as well.

Well I have been buggering around not achieving much as usual, ripped the floor completely out of the T in readiness of putting the engine and box in and creating a new floor, so I need to get the box built back up. To do this I need to spray the casings, to do that I need to get the compressor going, to do that I need a new pulley for the new compressor motor, plus need paint etc. etc.

So new pulley fitted Compressor working but not as I remember it, but working, so go get the spray gun BUGGER BUGGER and BUGGER again, forgot to clean it out the last time I used it, which was about four years ago!!!!! so spent the best part of three hours stripping the gun down and cleaning it within an inch of it's life. Already etch primed the casings with rattle can stuff last week, and had delivered some 2k primer filler, so gave the casings a quick squirt only for the compressor to cut out as it would appear the new 2hp motor is not man enough to run the damn thing Looks like I will need to get a new compressor, this one is about twenty years old and was originally a three phase unit, it's just more expense that is not budgeted for heyho I suppose.

The up shot of all this drivel is that the box is still in pieces, just hope that when I do get the casings done I can remember where all the bits go

On top of all that I was trying to place all the bits on the chassis such as battery and trans cooler only to find the trans cooler I bought was too long, so have had to order a shorter version

Then there was the issue I was not happy with regards the front suspension, the rose joints looked wrong to me and it finally dawned on me what the issue was, I need to fit misalignment washers so that the body of the rose joint doesn't touch the mounting point, not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, except the previous "builder" mounted them with nice chromed allen bolts and locking nuts that were JUST long enough, now with adding the misalignment washers and also a large washer on the other side incase the joint broke means that all new allen bolts will need to be sourced. (found a place in the states that does chromed ones so need to make my list and see what the cost of shipping is going to be).

So an update of sorts but no progress
    Last edited by stilltrying; 16-03-18 at 09:24 PM.

Keep pluggin' on it'll be finished one day

A bit more messing in the garage today, floor still missing but located and bought a new oil cooler that will fit nicely.

Was trying to make sure everything that was needed would fit before making the floor, and the battery became an issue. I didn't want it hanging down below the body, eventually the only place I could find was between the passenger and driver at about elbow level, it will be one of those Odyssey batteries so no fumes or leakage issues. Tried laying it flat under the floor but then it clashed with everything, oil cooler, or the brake master cylinders, gearbox, propshaft and even the hand brake mechanism, was relieved when I did find somewhere to put it inside.

Will post some photo's when I actually start to put things in rather than ripping things out

Newbie (well to here at least)
    This is great, look forward to updates.

Cheers, updates are slow for one thing or another.

The latest delay is the battery that I was assured would be here yesterday and it hasn't turned up today either, so Monday is the new Friday by all accounts.

I have had the radiator re-cored along with the outlet and inlets moved to the positions I wanted, however the finish of the job does leave a little to be desired which I was not expecting as the guy that did it makes rads for all sorts of really old vehicles and he is no spring chicken, thought he would have a bit more pride in his finished work. I will have to do a bit of tidying up. The cores are fine and I'm sure it will work ok but I was a little disappointed especially given the cost.

So again very little progress but still moving forwards.

Still no battery and on other news numpty boy here ordered the wrong size NPT fittings for the heater hoses and the gearbox fittings means that I now have a few fittings spare and I have to order the CORRECT ones doh!!!