Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Just realised I've posted this in the engine thread, have copied all to my car build thread.

Stilltrying, was trying to do a 2.5mm radius with the bender but looks like I've got to have a re think.
    All the switches are BIVA compliant but the volume knob on the radio and the edge of the gauges don't meet spec so will need something.

Bouncing from thread to thread should be in the correct place now.
    Last edited by stilltrying; 28-05-19 at 07:01 PM.

Time to fit the water pump. Applied a very thin layer of RTV to gasket and stuck in place.

More RTV on the front side.

Mounted up the pump backing plate and RTV fixed pump gaskets.

Installed pump.

One more step closer to finishing.

One more ste[p for the rebuild and one less box cluttering up the garage

Hoisted the engine down onto the floor. I can now get to the core plug behind the camshaft to install fully.
    Also found out I need to order a 9/16" hex drive to do up the two screw in plugs either side. Theres always something!

The trans seems to be attracted to the new block, hope they mate together OK.

The Wheel" flexplate from JW Racing ready to go on. Not sure which way round it goes though. Need to order 6 x 7/16"UNF TH bolts for that.

New high stall custom convertor from JW Racing. When fully located on the trans drive shaft the ribs on top of the convertor rub on the bolts that secure the bell housing to the trans case. I'm hoping the convertor moves forward to the block once all is bolted together.
    Last edited by fabphil; 05-07-19 at 10:10 AM.

Pretty sure it will be OK, but If you are not sure or have problems call Eric.

And yes the TC should move forward when bolted up. Make dammed sure its all the way into the transmission before you offer it up to the block. If the trans and block dont meet each other without any strain you have not got it right. They should push up with no more effort than a little hummmph. If you have to pull them together with the bolts you WILL break something.
    Gerry
    Last edited by fad15; 05-07-19 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    Pretty sure it will be OK, but If you are not sure or have problems call Eric.

And yes the TC should move forward when bolted up. Make dammed sure its all the way into the transmission before you offer it up to the block. If the trans and block dont meet each other without any strain you have not got it right. They should push up with no more effort than a little hummmph. If you have to pull them together with the bolts you WILL break something.
    Gerry
    Thanks Gerry, any idea which way round the flex plate should go? Inset towards the crank or trans?

Sorry mate, memory is shite these days.. someone here will know.

Can tell for sure but if you put the flex plate on the floor either way up and then put the torque converter on top, the bolt holes will either line up or there will be a gap, if a gap turn the flex plate over. Just going by the photo.

One step forward, two steps back!

The HT bolts to mount the flex plate to crank (7/16" x 1" UNF) arrived and after fitting......were to long and touched the back of the block...bu**er!

Had a thought about how many horses will be going through these bolts then looked at ARP flex plate bolts, 25.00 for 6 which ever way I look at it. Buy here or order from Summit.......bu**er.

Sorted out which way the flex plate goes. The TC only sits flat on it one way. A sticker or stamp saying "engine" would be useful.

Another question, there is a thin steel plate that fitted between the C6 trans and the original block. Do I need this?
    What is it actually for?
    Last edited by fabphil; 10-07-19 at 08:22 PM.