Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumpcars View Post
    I bought a composite gear but on further research discovered a number of problems with them breaking up when used to drive the oil pump as well on a Chevy(designed for external pump) . Decided not to risk that one.
    Looking at the notes that came with the MSD distributor they say you can use a steel gear on a billet steel cam, so may look into that for the next time.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    New honing tool arrived.

Looks like the trick with the brass insert worked. All honed. Wasn't sure wether to add oil or not so didn't in the end. The stones wore down fairly quickly but I achieved the end result I needed.

The hub was heated up with a heat gun for a couple of minutes then it slipped on the crank snout with out to much effort. Once cold the fit was what I would expect. Damper bolt fitted and torqued to 90ft/lbs.

Damper installed, 6 bolts torqued to 16ft/lbs. Bolts use a T40 Torq bit. Installed timing pointer.
    There are three bolts for the crank pulley. My old pulley set had four holes, so now have to re-drill the pulley!
    Last edited by fabphil; Today at 08:55 AM.