Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    of the Croydon Teds

Cue the Delta Cats... '55 Rocket 88 is exactly as it left its new Jersey factory, with correct black paint, 324 V8 and Hydromatic four-speed. Wheel skirts and spinner hubs were optional extras.

Cool '77 Bay Window for the V-Dubbers

'56 Poncho Star Chief was nigh-on immaculate

It's nice to see a late pick-up when most of the scene seems to be dominated by '50s ones, so here's a '78 Chevy Silverado 30

As if any old '64 Impala wasn't already beyond superlatives, this bright red, lowered job makes my task as the reporter very difficult indeed! The words just don't exist for it. Personally, though, I'd advise against Torq Thrusts and for a nice set of Appliance wires.

'56 Chevy was another great-looking truck, with a claim to fame of being used for celebrity photoshoots with people like Ollie Murs, the Champion of Selfridges. Seems strange to use a vehicle like this for such a purpose given that any contemporary celebrity will invariably be overshadowed by it.

More later.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with Speedfest if you give it a go. The New Year Driving Tests take place at Brooklands at the end of January, just an excuse for owners of vintage sports cars to behave like hooligans, often in the least agreeable weather. It involves the cars competing for times around a course comprising various different tests (like what, in the American parlance, would be called an autocross) and it's an infinitely more entertaining spectacle than modern Formula One. Some photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacks_...57678201136460

Really like what I've seen of Chateau Impney in the magazines and your post on here, so I hope you make it along to that one again. Don't forget your camera!
    Thanks Nigel, will have a look into that one
    Not much going on that time of year either

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post

Very attractive, totally period correct traditional '32 Roadster, featured in CC a few years back
    Lovely

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Love that Rocket 88 at the top

of the Croydon Teds
    Several more trucks for different marque preferences:

Beautiful '58 Olds Eighty-Eight

Late 2nd gen Firebird wears early front panels and aftermarket wheels and is assisted in motion by a turbo
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 26-12-17 at 06:15 PM.

of the Croydon Teds

Wonderful '67 Ford Country Sedan still earns its keep lugging things around, I presume, since it had assorted autojumble bits 'n' pieces laid out in front of it

Never seen this '34 before or since and I know nowt about it, but is it cool, or is it cool! With a single colour paint job it could look even meaner than it already does.

The next two photos are not to be viewed under any circumstances without playing this:

Back on the subject of '67 Fords, and this Galaxie 500 was another wonderful example of a sun-bleached dry state survivor

Well, you've had a great selection of Ford and GM to choose from, but no Mopars as of yet, so here's a '68 Polara to rectify that

And we'll end this post with a very nice custom bike - a '69 Harley Knucklehead chopper
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 26-12-17 at 06:26 PM.

of the Croydon Teds
    That's most of the many aspects of Wrotham covered, but it was a steam rally, and I've not yet shown any steam vehicles, so I'd better rectify that. Make the most of them because I haven't seen any other steam tractors this year.

1903 Fowler A4 traction engine by Zack Stiling, on Flickr

2007 William Foster replica traction engine by Zack Stiling, on Flickr

1875 Fowler steam ploughing engine by Zack Stiling, on Flickr

1877 Fowler steam ploughing engine by Zack Stiling, on Flickr

1917 Foden Steam Wagon by Zack Stiling, on Flickr

That's that, then, and I my next posts on here will be a bit less divergent than the last few have been.