Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Looks like you have indeed been following the dictum of one of my favourite Beach Boys songs! just missing riding motorbikes in the dunes...tho assuredly not the brand they sing about!!!
    You are correct - that Duc is tasty, as is the Atalanta, the Cobra, theCuda, the Roadrunner, the... well, they all look good.
    As far as the 66 dodge goes, a hemi was not limited to the fuzz; in Plymouths it was called a HP2 option [as I remember - past bedtime here] but not sure what the option code was for Darjes. There may well have been a specific RPO for police cars, and I assume this car has it, but the engine was not specific to pursuit pkgs only. I actually knew a guy who bought one of the 66 Hemi Plymouths new; it was Hemi plus RO23 [? - dont quote me on that number either] as in lightweight. he found out that the car , besides being bereft of insulation and other nonessentials, even had no seam sealer. of course, he found that out after taking it to a car wash on the way home from the dealer...

of the Croydon Teds
    Good info there, thanks!

The Concours was followed by American Speedfest and then the Bromley Pageant of Motoring, for which I've had no choice but to issue a stern reproach because it was genuinely appalling. Still, it was big and there were a few cars that stood out that I've not come across since, so I suppose this is the place for them.

Spotless 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 lowrider

Very pretty '61 Chrysler (but what a depressing background)

Most of the cars in the pitifully small Hot Rod Review were ones I'd seen before, but this cool Minor was a new one on me

Beautiful '63 Anglia ice cream van was one of 363 bought new by Wall's and fitted with coachbuilt bodies by Martin Walter Ltd. of Folkestone, Kent. All were converted to left-hand drive so that drivers could stop at the kerb and get out to serve customers. All were registered from 1 CFH up to 363 CFH, with this one originally being 191 CFH. Their V.I.N.s began with S.O.I.C. for Special Order Ice Cream. Rescued from a scrapyard in 1987, this is the only surviving example to remain in Wall's livery.

1970 Mk. II Cortina debuted following an 11-year rebuild. With Lotus Twin Cam power, it was one of just two built for the Mid-Anglia Constabulary.
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 11-09-17 at 06:23 PM.

of the Croydon Teds

I've seen this Corvette TPI-engined P4 around quite a few times - it's been on the scene for at least 13 years - but I thought it worthy of inclusion since it emerged the winner of the Hot Rod Review

Someone's got the right idea! I'm thinking drop it a bit more, chrome smoothies, and flake paint with light blue scallops...

Slightly different take on a P4 this time

My second and, sadly, final Brough Superior of the year

I'd never seen a '57 Mercury before, but here's a Montclair of that year

Settling in
    The red P4 is featured in the latest issue of Street Machine

of the Croydon Teds
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1275 View Post
    The red P4 is featured in the latest issue of Street Machine
    Not quite - the Street Machine car is a BBF-powered sleeper. The Corvette-powered one has been magazine featured, though (CC, July 2004).

Settling in
    More P4s about than I realized. They do make a great sleeper.

of the Croydon Teds
    As another month draws to a close, so another Chelsea Cruise comes and goes. Dampness in the air meant the proceedings got off to a slow start...

...but it brightened up nicely for the sunset hours.

Tough Zephyr street bruiser

'68 Buick Special Deluxe wagon and '69 Dodge Monaco were part of a posse of cool '60s Yanks that I'd not seen before at the cruise. Their arrival in convoy made for a sight that our roads need to see more often.

With a bit of work, this rare '59 Chrysler could one day be as pretty as...

..this '58 Buick, complete with chrome reverse rims, which fell straight out of a summer's night in Modesto, 1962

Brilliant '60s look for this '34 pick-up, thoughtfully painted to complement the sunset

of the Croydon Teds
    I just about managed to squeeze one more event into June, with the Triton & Cafe Racer Day up at the Ace. Kinda did what it said on the tin, with a few standard British classics thrown into the mix for good measure. It wasn't quite as busy as I hoped - there were maybe two or three rows of show bikes in front of the cafe building while the rest of the car park was given over to boring modern, factory-spec bikes - but as always, quality is a perfectly acceptable substitute for quantity.

Beautiful '63 B.S.A. Rocket Gold Star

'54 Triumph Thunderbird wears its age well

Nice of Dad to turn up on his Velocette and make sure those ton-up kids didn't do anything stupid... A bit more Belstaff than Bronx but still a very pretty bike

Nicely turned-out Dresda Triton

Another ('58) Thunderbird for all the Wild Ones on here

The rider of this 1937 Rudge was the spitting image of Ronnie Drew from the Dubliners, which is just the sort of look you want to go for if you're going to thunder around on an unrestored pre-war Brit bike.
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 19-09-17 at 09:26 PM.

of the Croydon Teds

Beautiful Norvello Special, originally a Manx Norton but now running a 1954 Velocette Venom Clubman engine. The Manx engine is due to be returned once it's finished being rebuilt... kind of a shame because I really like the name 'Norvello'!

Triumphs always came in the most exciting colours, although the scheme on this '61 Tiger 110 isn't from the factory

Münch Matchless runs a Matchless G80CS ex-motocross unit in a Manx frame. I think the Münch part of the name is entirely due to the rather prominent front brake, sourced from a Münch Mammoth.

Norton 30M Featherbed is a combination of a '47 Norton International 30M engine in a '53 Featherbed frame

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    My favourite bike from 'the day' Matchless/AJS big singles had two of those. Had one of those TBird's too - albeit an earlier 54/55 iron headed machine.