Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Maybe loads to do but already loads done, the photo's with the carbs back on look great.

As to propshafts, there is Bailey Morris over at St. Neots who are very knowledgeable, I went to them but because they couldn't use my parts the cost got a bit too high for a prop that is just 300mm long. I ended up contacting a guy on the other forum who has a place next door to where he works, they made me a prop with all new parts including the slip yolk cheaper than Bailey Morris even with postage. I only had to give the length between the end of the gearbox and the face of the diff for them to sort it out.
    Alternatively a local engineering shop might be able to do it for you but not sure about the balancing side of things.

REV JIM RACING.
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Maybe loads to do but already loads done, the photo's with the carbs back on look great.

As to propshafts, there is Bailey Morris over at St. Neots who are very knowledgeable, I went to them but because they couldn't use my parts the cost got a bit too high for a prop that is just 300mm long. I ended up contacting a guy on the other forum who has a place next door to where he works, they made me a prop with all new parts including the slip yolk cheaper than Bailey Morris even with postage. I only had to give the length between the end of the gearbox and the face of the diff for them to sort it out.
    Alternatively a local engineering shop might be able to do it for you but not sure about the balancing side of things.
    that would be mjc engineering,they made my prop on the altered...

Where did you get the jack ramps from. Got a feeling it will be the good old USofA.

Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    Where did you get the jack ramps from. Got a feeling it will be the good old USofA.
    CJ Autos Ltd Heywood in Lancs
    They've got loads of good stuff for home mechs.

https://www.cjautos.eu/product_p/cr012.htm

Ta.

Only a little done over the last few weeks. Have got the engine wiring finished, all sensors, switches etc connected.
    Just need to get a new alternator mount sorted. All the e-bay kits for a 460 Ford with electric water pump are low mount on the RHS.
    Typically this is right where the chassis rail is so I need to have a high mount. The bracket I've already got is no good as the holes needed to mount in front of the electric pump don't line up with any existing and there's not enough material to drill any more. Looks like I need to get one laser cut to fit from 10mm ally.
    The distributor is finally in. The Ford has a hex drive shaft from the dissy to the oil pump. This was dropped into place but because of the angle falls to the left.
    The dissy wont fit over the shaft unless its almost vertical so had to place a large blob of moly grease to the LHS of the shaft to hold it in the middle then drop the dissy on. Result! Just don't want to have to remove it again. Went in with 14 degrees BTC.

Spent a little time on the new seats as well. I've take off the corner at the top and bottom of the side panel. The shape was originally cut for ease of finding a U section edge to give me a friendly radius, but when you sat in it there was two very sharp corners just where you didn't want them. I'm now looking to split some 8/10mm copper heating pipe and fix that to follow the curves.

Had a day off today so got some garage time
    Decided to have a go at sorting out the drivers seat.
    The riveting is a little messy in places but its' a first attempt but I'm happy with it.
    Now got to find something to cover the sharp edges.

Just an observation, as you are doing this to comply with BIVA, what are you going to do for the pressed holes as the outside edges look to be fairly sharp from the photo's, or do these not get tested?

Nice to see some progress though

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Just an observation, as you are doing this to comply with BIVA, what are you going to do for the pressed holes as the outside edges look to be fairly sharp from the photo's, or do these not get tested?

Nice to see some progress though
    Amazon provided the answer to that. I've got some U section rubber panel edging that is small enough to cover the cut edge.
    If this is glued on it will pass the radius test.
    The seat will also have cushions top and bottom. Seems a shame to have to cover the detail but I don't have a lot of padding on my backside so need some comfort