Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Manage to split the 8mm pipe OK to fit over the sharp edge on the sides of the seat but now the pipe is split it buckled on the bends and twisted and the split kept closing up. I'm normally a patient fella but the seat almost got thrown across the garage a couple of times! Then I cut one part to short! Gave up, I don't have the metalwork skills to sort the bends out, I tried but started to damage the ally panels.

Went and found the rubber edging strip and used that instead!

Although not what I has first thought I'm happy with the finished article. Now for the other one!

Grabbed an hour in the garage on Saturday and ended up with this. It's a Competition Engineering kit.
    Had to find a smaller diameter main tube that fitted in the existing hole in the back of the car.
    Just got to paint it up and find some 1/2" pins to secure it to the chassis.

Have I missed the fire up?

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Have I missed the fire up?
    It went so fast I needed a chute to slow me down

No, just finding small jobs that need doing.

Those seats look really cool...cant imagine them on a summers day over here tho!
    Car is looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by malamute john View Post
    Those seats look really cool...cant imagine them on a summers day over here tho!
    Car is looking great.
    Getting there slowly.....
    Seats will have cushions, my backside is to bony to do without
    Last edited by fabphil; 08-11-19 at 01:12 PM.

Ended up modifying the parachute mount as it stuck out to far. It now sits much closer to the body

2 x 5/8" bolts to hold in in place. Its mounted firmly to the chassis so shouldn't just pull off when used.

Then turned to the headers. Had sudden inspiration and remembered a pair I'd purchased years ago from E-bay.
    Ended up not being able to use them. Although right for the engine they were for a 5 window which has shorter doors than the 3 window.
    Thought I could cut of the flange and first couple of inches of pipe and weld on my headers.

Compared flanges and the new headers are far bigger so that plan went out the window. Any one want to buy a pair of lake style headers for a big block Ford?

Had a look at the construction of the new headers and had a thought. I cut the locating weld on the pipe side and chopped the tubes clean off the flange.

Now all I have to do is grind out the 8 holes and re fit the tubes at the correct angle!
    If I bolt up the flange to the head to keep it flat I can then mock up the header position with the side pipe fitted and get all the angles right.
    Do a locating weld on the outside of the tubes then rempove them do a continuous weld round the inside surface and grind all flat.

Onward and upwards!
    Last edited by fabphil; 25-11-19 at 11:15 AM.

Carbide burrs arrived today. Hope to be grinding at the weekend. Just got to get back to the flange (love that word )

You talented people...
    [insert Smiley munching popcorn...]

Many thanks to my American friend for sorting out a small but vital part I didn't realise I needed.

Installed.

Now I can fit the 90 degree oil filter adaptor.

This allows me to fit a full size oil filter pointing forward rather than the short one used before as the distance between the block and chassis rail is very tight. Another box off the shelf
    Last edited by fabphil; 12-12-19 at 09:07 PM.