Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Not sure why, but I missed your 31st. Dec post. It's bloody annoying when you buy stuff that should work and it doesn't, been there and done that and will undoubtedly do it again as we have no option but to believe what they say will fit does. Having said that it does in the end only because we make it fit!!!!!

I feel your pain about the headers, I was looking for a fabricator for the T headers, they don't come cheap that is for sure. I saw a place in Bicester Heritage Ryan something, work looks good the other guy I have seen work done is Wayne at ODDrods. I have stopped looking as I might have found a solution for the T but only time will tell.

What headers are you looking at. I may be able to help.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    What headers are you looking at. I may be able to help.
    G
    The headers I have are Schoenfeld 2 1/8" primary tubes into a 4" collector for a Ford Cobra Jet head.
    Due to the angle of the chassis narrowing towards the front the side pipe sits a couple of inches away from the collector.
    There is too much work involved for me to get things to line up so will need to have them built from scratch.

Sorry. I thought it was someone else. I have seen your posts about the headers with that annoying bit where the wheel is in the wrong place for the headers

Sorry. I thought you were someone else (old and doddery these days). I have seen your posts about the headers with that annoying bit where the wheel is in the wrong place for the headers

Hey Fabphil, if you had stretched the front end to fit the 6/71 you wouldn't have the issue of the wheel/tyre interference, just saying. Ok I know, I''l get my coat now.

As another thought, as you have already buggered the headers somewhat, why not cut them up, position them wherever they will work, tack weld them in place and then go to someone to finish them off, the fact that you can't get all the way round the pipe to weld doesn't mean that there are no other alternatives such as maybe solid welding between the individual pipes where they meet all the way back to the collector and then plug welding inbetween the four pipes from the front, if that makes sense. If it doesn't make sense let me know and I will do a quick sketch of what I'm on about. Solid welding or seem welding along the pipes would be seen but if someone is good at welding it would look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Hey Fabphil, if you had stretched the front end to fit the 6/71 you wouldn't have the issue of the wheel/tyre interference, just saying.
    Good to see you've been paying attention

I've spent too much time on them to continue and not got anywhere, so moving on to the new prop shaft.

Just dropped off the U/J's, end plates and sliding yoke at Bailey Morris for them to turn into a prop shaft.
    Should be ready next week, welded up, balanced and painted.

Had a few hours over the weekend.
    Big thanks to Serck Motorsports for sorting out the rad for me.

Finally found the K&N oil filter I ordered three years ago! Got the sandwich plate in, mounted up and plumbed in the oil cooler.
    It almost looks like I planned how it fits

Coming along nicely