Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Only just caught up on this, didn't realise you had sprayed the cowl, looking good, like the new graphic's as well Why not just run with the original screen? I know you are doing most stuff for BIVA but cutting a screen to size in the event that you have to do the test will be quicker than doing the paperwork to apply for the bloody test.
    This needs to be back out on the road!!!!!

Already got the new glass, just need to take both screens to a glass merchant to get it cut.
    Two of the three in St Albans have shut down.
    Was hoping to fit a hinged screen as the car had one originally, then I saw the price and the work involved to fit it to a chopped coupe.
    I'm aiming to get the car out this summer for the 50th NSRA show at Old Warden. Time will tell

Not only the 50th. year but the 90th. one for the B Pull your finger out my man (says the guy that hasn't touched any of his cars for months).

Settling in
    Any plant glass fitter local ? they will have it done in no time look too see if they can fit you in on another job locally ?

Back in the garage this weekend
    Finally got back onto the drivers door lock, was last September when I started!
    Welded two strips of 8mm bar from the frame to the glass body.
    Filled up all the holes and made good the area, applied a coat of etching primer. (Sorry no pics)

Found my drill and 7/16" UNC tap and cut a new location for the lock pin.

Finally refitted the lock pin and it now sits where it should have when the car was first built.

After a couple of closure attempts and adjustments of the bear claw in the door, the door sat like this.
    Better than it ever has been but still not quite there.

Grabbed the door and gave it a good twist and it now sits exactly where it should be

So when it finally gets back on the road there wont be any need to hold the door at all times to stop it flying open as you go round corners.
    Both bear claws are now mounted the correct way round not upside down, they also both engage fully in the second position.

Onwards and upwards...

Quote Originally Posted by fabphil View Post
    Welded two strips of 8mm bar from the frame to the glass body.
    Bloody hell your are good I've never managed to weld to glass fibre

Glad you are back on it, I also actually got back on the Vette but nothing note worthy to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Bloody hell your are good I've never managed to weld to glass fibre
    Took a week of evening classes and a special filler rod, you have to use a really low voltage and wear special gloves

Just spoken to Stevenage Glass about cutting out the new front screen, looks hopeful.
    I did go to the St Albans glass shop to ask and the first thing he said was if it breaks its your problem...not a promising start.

Fingers crossed for the Glass, I know someone else who who may need to do similar for a Ford Pop so keep us informed of how it goes.

Got the glass cut. Stevenage Glass were very professional and did the job quickly.
    New screen in.

After using the existing unmarked screen as the template I realised it wasn't cut that well!
    The bottom corners of the screen will require a visit with some black silicone.

Is that the screen or just the rubber seal?