Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Just a couple would do....

Kinda like this.

Got this....

and this....

BIVA bits...
    Box of cable for rewire, 14 IVA compatible rocker switches (9.3mm protrusion from panel all radiused)!!!
    Toggle switches to much trouble to protect. The new rockers will go in a roof dash with the radio and nitrous controller.

New steering wheel, padded rim. Wood rims not allowed. Collapsible boss. Will have to cover spokes with foam padding.

New front wheel covers, the old ones were far to small.

New mirrors so I can actually see behind me. Old door handle at the top of the pic has a forward protrusion so has to be changed

Conduit for new cables.

The 10" headlamps dip the wrong way so I'm changing the whole lot for a couple of ribbed posts and a pair of Deitz chrome lamp housings with P700 tri bar lamps.

Rear fog light latching relay. So rear fog can't be left on ater headlights switched off.

Reflectors

Front indicators, these will hang under the Deitz units.

Buzzer for safety door locks as I have suicide doors.

For better or worse I've decided to go the BIVA route. Some are not convinced it will come to anything. I'm just incorperating it into finishing the car. What ever happens later I'll be street legal even if it means a Q plate
    Last edited by fabphil; 22-11-17 at 09:00 PM.

Are you sure you're not starting a speed shop!!!!.

Full set of thermals on, two pairs of socks and woolly hat.
    Sods law means after measuring at least 3 times for the new tank dimensions somehow I still got it wrong and the tank was to big to sit in the original frame
    Spent the day cutting and inserting 10mm sections of angle. It now fits. Re drilled all the locating holes.
    New tank in place also fitted the new external filler cap (top of right rear side).

Now the auto darken function on my helmets broken and it wont lighten up when the arc stops!
    Weldability don't do spares so new helmet on the way.

Progress is progress no matter what and we all like a bit of progress.

As you are starting at the rear of the car with the welding, by the time you get to the front you will be so good that you could lengthen the front a tad and find enough room for that blower pulley ok I'll shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    As you are starting at the rear of the car with the welding, by the time you get to the front you will be so good that you could lengthen the front a tad and find enough room for that blower pulley ok I'll shut up now.
    Don't even go there

New fuel tank in properly, external filler all connected.

Rewiring starts. There's a lot more circuits than an original 32

Firewall filled and all screws changed to countersunk. Will be fitting an ally firewall in the future.

Big hole in the floor, realised the new autobox and scatter shield wouldn't fit under the existing glass trans tunnel. Will have to wait until engine and box fitted then fabricate a new alloy one.

Have you managed to source everything now or are you still buying up the hot rod world Nice to see some stuff going back on.

Yes its great to actually be putting stuff back
    Sourced everything now....except some engine bits, push rods and head gaskets. These will need some working out as to what CR I'm aiming for.
    Also need the roll cage extended and an interior

Think I know what I'm doing..... There seems to be an awful lot of wires.
    Due to the requirement for radius's etc the original roof panel I made with toggle switches has been scrapped. All the switches on the dash will be moved up into a new roof dash using the correct rocker switches (14 in all!)

Yes I definitely know where it all goes....

Have fitted one power feed to the rear of the car and run separate fuses to the two fuel pumps, trans fan and trans brake.