Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Think you will need to do something with the arches to fit the new tyre/wheel combo or get different wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Think you will need to do something with the arches to fit the new tyre/wheel combo or get different wheels
    After doing some careful measuring the outer edge of the Pontiac light that was fitted is actually 398mm from the outer edge of the tread, giving me a whole 2mm of play .
    So the plan now is all the original rear lights back on! Return the combined units I'd bought to mount on the rear fenders and fit a slim line reverse/rear fog light centrally under the rear pan.
    I've got some "proper" size black and silver reg plates to be mounted between the rear lights instead of under the car as before, and have found a tidy number plate light to fit above.
    Sods law... the battery cut off switch is in the way!
    Now got to move this over 2". My job for the day

Cheers for the update gonna look great when done

Had a good couple of days on the car. Result is all lights wiring etc from the back lights to the seats is now finished.
    Just got to spray the bracket for the rear fog light and fit that.
    Then on to the inside to mount the seats etc.

Now I've started on the cabin. First thing was to try the newly acquired seats. Well they both fit and I think look OK.

Only problem is they are to wide, so although they both fit in there is no room on the outsides for the cage door bars and no room in the middle for the handbrake, bu**er.

Back to plan A - home made bomber style seats.
    Find a large box and go back to play school for the afternoon

Spent quite a while with my angle finder trying to get the optimum angle for the back rest, settled on 13 degrees from vertical.
    You must have lots of holes in a bomber seat and as I purchased some very expensive punch and flare tools from the States last year thought I would make good use of them. Took a long time to decide on a pattern. Think i'm happy now. Harness slots low on each side at the bottom and a slot in the base for the 5th harness strap.

The moment of truth! It fits with clearance where needed.

The passenger seat will have to be offset a couple of inches to clear the hand brake.
    The base of the seat will be plywood and mount on a Unistrut frame that is fixed to the car floor.
    This means I do not need an integral head restraint but can mount a pad on the rear roll bar support.
    I have the ally sheet so just need to get on with it
    Last edited by fabphil; 25-06-18 at 07:28 AM.