Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    I assume that Paddys shovel and Triggers broom is sort of like george Washingtons axe...

Be that as it may, i recognised some parts on the new car [like the doors] and being a race car, ya know, things get replaced. Its an evolution of the original...

but whatever, you oughta tell some stories about the original car. maybe trace its evolution, talk about driving straight thru from Key West to teh Street Machine nats, getting pulled over and then getting off scot free cause the cop didnt believe his radar gun - knew there was no way you could take that corner/on ramp that fast, those sorts of things. We wont talk about running out of gas [several dozen times], dead alternators in the middle of the night, broken z-bars [oops...], crushed headers er any of that stuff!

Yes please we like those sorts of stories

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Yes please we like those sorts of stories
    Yes we do (and you could help John when he's writing that book of old 'tales of yore' that's been long overdue )

I really like those doors.

I had forgotten about the book, how is it coming MJ?

Someone I sort of know has self published a book via Amazon, couldn't have been expensive as he wouldn't have done it so no need to find a publisher

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    I had forgotten about the book, how is it coming MJ?
    still waiting on my airline tickets from dhl so I can come over and we can discuss it...

Settling in
    Guys, MJ's the story teller in the family. I'm just the fodder for some of the stories. While he and I shared many adventures there are many more that he's only heard about; burnouts in an open header 69 Roadrunner in front of a state troopers house at 2 o'clock in the morning. Darn near causing a riot during one of our many visits to see Rocky Horror Picture show while living in Key West. Getting pulled over with 20 of your closest friends at the same time because we all thought it would be "cool" to cruise Duval street with a variety of uncapped "muscle" cars. Getting caught drag racing a 69 z28 on A1A and not being able to talk ourselves out of the tickets (see above about burnouts in front of state troopers house at 2 a.m.) Doing our version of the cannonball run after watching "Gumball Rally" at the drive in (see above about getting pulled over with 20 of your closest friends). Driving above roadrunner into the mangroves during recreation of cannonball run incident. Having our butts saved by a county sheriff friend when he was first on the scene, although I'm sure he believed us when we told him we hadn't been drinking he convinced us that it might be in our own best interests to let him speak to state trooper that was en route. (See aforementioned incident involving burnouts, 2 a.m., troopers house)

Damn I'm surprised I stayed out of jail now that I'm digging up all these blocked, I mean forgotten memories!

Well now you have started it should be fairly easy to continue unblocking those memories. I would suggest a sit down with MJ and a bottle of DJ and then let him do the write up Think of yourself as a top end celebrity, they don't actually write the books they tell the stories and someone else does the hard work. sorry MJ but you do have a way with words.

Thanx Mr Stilltrying, but as you can tell above, Mr Murphy is quite capable, nay, adept, at telling tales himself.

And while we did indeed share many adventures, methinks the ones that I have only academic knowledge of would prove more captivating as I have always been somewhat dull and a 'stick in the mud' ; FEM77 is neither, and can relate some interesting antics from times past with in depth personal insight. Of course, in his defence, he does actually have a life, so time is a fairly precious commodity to my friend...but unlocking those 'traumatic' times from ones subconscious is very healthy and good for the soul, so I move that he share those with us here!